• Register Today It's free!

Markn

Reaction score
City, State
Johannesburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Greetings from South Africa
I recently purchased a stock standard 1998 Explorer XLT.Ford South Africa brought in a small batch of RHD models (probably ex Australia ) in the mid to late 90's.Mine has 131000 kms ( we are metric )
Our problem is shortage of spares and very little technical back-up even from Ford but I suppose that can be expected and that's the main reason for joining
Also I intend purchsing a Haynes wshop manual from their website.Are their manuals good or should I be looking elsewhere.

Markn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.

We have the haynes and love it. There good books

welcome

Greetings from South Africa
I recently purchased a stock standard 1998 Explorer XLT.Ford South Africa brought in a small batch of RHD models (probably ex Australia ) in the mid to late 90's.Mine has 131000 kms ( we are metric )
Our problem is shortage of spares and very little technical back-up even from Ford but I suppose that can be expected and that's the main reason for joining
Also I intend purchsing a Haynes wshop manual from their website.Are their manuals good or should I be looking elsewhere.

Markn

hope you have more luck in getting spares than i have even from the ford dealers

Back