• Register Today It's free!

2020FordRaptor

Reaction score
City, State
Reno, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Raptor
Hello everyone:

This is my first post on this forum and just thought I'd introduce myself. Excited to talk amongst some Explorer enthusiasts. We have had two Explorer in the past, and it was a 2020 ST and a 2021 Limited Hybrid, both being work vehicles. We are a huge Ford family and Our current vehicles include a 2014 Shelby GT500, a 2020 Ford Raptor, a 2003 F-150 Fx4, and we have a Bronco Wildtrak on order. Were looking at a 4th-gen Limited for a daily driver to keep miles off our main, favorite vehicles, so I immediately registered for this forum.

Thanks!

Edit: We finalized the deal today

20220706_174654.jpg
20210203_153055.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!!!!!!!! thats a great stable!

@2020FordRaptor Welcome to our collective back yard! Hope you find all kinds of useful information for your Explorers here, and may be even more so, hope you don't need most of it! Ask @Fix4Dirt, he knows more than I hope I'll ever have to learn about our 2nd-gens...

Let us see your 4th-gen when you get it! We want mileage, engine, transmission, and recent service right away, to give you an idea of things to start looking out for. Happy Explorations!

@2020FordRaptor Welcome to our collective back yard! Hope you find all kinds of useful information for your Explorers here, and may be even more so, hope you don't need most of it! Ask @Fix4Dirt, he knows more than I hope I'll ever have to learn about our 2nd-gens...

Let us see your 4th-gen when you get it! We want mileage, engine, transmission, and recent service right away, to give you an idea of things to start looking out for. Happy Explorations!
Well our good friend (so good we call him Grandpa Ray) was the original owner, he has every service record at a Ford dealer, vehicle has 65k miles, Limited trim, 4x4, but 4.0L V6 with 5-Speed Auto. I'll be quite honest in saying is he wasn't the owner of this vehicle we wouldn't have bought it. My grandfather finalized the deal, since both him and the owner are in the same city, and we will drive down soon to go pick it up.

not sure id say that ;) plenty of other knowledgable folks here too!

that said, the 4Gs are tough as DDs just upgrade the tran cooler since its the 5r55s iirc, and just keep an ear out for the starup flare betore it gets worse. many also find it beneficial to set the truck to flood mode (pedal to the floor to disable inhectors(test it first on a warm vehicle so in case the theottle cable is stretched and it doesnt register wot it wont rev out a cold engine)) and crank it ofer until oil pressure builds. also some like @donalds use a preoiler too. aside from that, hope it gives you years of reliable service! the sohcs and 5rs are good trans and engine combo! treat em right and youll get treated back :)

Welcome 2020FordRaptor, nice bunch of Fords you have there. I recognize your vehicles from the F150 forum.

Welcome 2020FordRaptor, nice bunch of Fords you have there. I recognize your vehicles from the F150 forum.
Ah yes I'm part of quite an number of forums. Bronco6g, Bronco Nation, Ford Raptor Forum, Explorer forum, Explorer ST forum, Lightning rodPerformance.....lets just say I like forums. You should recognize my username also.

Back