New MFT Fail - "Pressing" Sirius channel button | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New MFT Fail - "Pressing" Sirius channel button

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
In the past few weeks, my MFT (not navigation equipped) has started this lovely abnormality:
From the Home screen with the 4 quadrants displayed, and in Sirius mode, when I press the upper left of the 6 displayed channels (set to ESPN), it switches to the Entertainment screen, rather than switching channels (and does not change channels).

WTF MFT? Do you have something against Golic and Greenberg in the mornings?

:scratch:

And yes, I've wiped all the fingerprints off the display.

Of course, it won't do it every time, just about 1 time in 6, and not repeatable when you try to make it happen.

I've thought about doing a battery cable reset, but it's too cold to go messing around with the cable unless I really get annoyed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a calibration of the touch screen.

Hey dco43054,

I have no doubts that you are doing everything correctly (I know you're a pro at this already ;) ), but are you sure you're not accidentally pressing on the dog? I was able to replicate what you said by pretending to drive and accidentally pressing a little higher on the screen.

Rebecca

Hey dco43054,

I have no doubts that you are doing everything correctly (I know you're a pro at this already ;) ), but are you sure you're not accidentally pressing on the dog? I was able to replicate what you said by pretending to drive and accidentally pressing a little higher on the screen.

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca, good thought. But no, I'm pressing on the "button".

This is the only screen that seems to have weird results, so I thought before I went deeper I would throw the question out there.

Have to go back to look at the Diagnostics mode thread and do a recalibrate. Hopefully, that will fix it.

It took me a couple tries and reading and re-reading a couple diagnostic threads across several forums, but I found out how to get into diagnostic mode.

Just to be clear - at least on my 2011 - with the "cursor" of the right hand dashboard display on the AM/FM selection, press and hold the CD disc eject "button" (a recessed cutout on my Explorer) and then immediately press and hold the right hand Seek "button" that is located in the upper left hand corner of the center console.

Some people have said it takes 12 seconds to access diagnostic mode, mine came up in about 5.

I've recalibrated the touch screen. We'll see if that fixes this latest issue.

Back