Why does the Sirius channel change when presets are viewed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Why does the Sirius channel change when presets are viewed?

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
So when you are listening to the radio and change reset lists (like 1 to 2 to 3) MFT changes station to the last station listened to on that particular list.

I have no earthly idea why. I was looking on the list for a station. I didn't want to change the channel.

:thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

By 'list' do mean the 6 presets that are shown on the screen? Is so, I don't really see a problem. When you go from 1 to 2 etc, you are effectively changing to a different set of stations/frequencies and it will play the one that was selected the last time you were on that saved group. The radio in my MKT functions the same way.

Peter

By 'list' do mean the 6 presets that are shown on the screen? Is so, I don't really see a problem. When you go from 1 to 2 etc, you are effectively changing to a different set of stations/frequencies and it will play the one that was selected the last time you were on that saved group. The radio in my MKT functions the same way.

Peter
ergo, the problem. No other radio I have had has functioned this way, and shouldn't.

Just another annoying issue with MFT - like its inability to update the Sirius channel list without a programming change.

Hope they get a new system in place, and soon.

ergo, the problem. No other radio I have had has functioned this way, and shouldn't.

Just another annoying issue with MFT - like its inability to update the Sirius channel list without a programming change.

Most radios I've had functioned this way. When you press the sirius button on the left you are actually changing the source to sirius (1, 2, 3). On other radios this would be analogous with pressing a source key to select a source. Both of my previous alpine's, and my clarion deck functioned this way (where second sets of presets were another source in the list). Not that the functionality couldn't be improved, but technically you are switching sources to a new source.

Sounds like you are GM convert, the radio I had on my 2008 Saturn outlook functioned in that manner.

The update of Sirius channels hasn't been an issue for a few years, luckily it was a problem back then. That's how we got the delayed reboot.

Sounds like you are GM convert, the radio I had on my 2008 Saturn outlook functioned in that manner.

The update of Sirius channels hasn't been an issue for a few years, luckily it was a problem back then. That's how we got the delayed reboot.
Nope, been driving Fords for years, though with aftermarket radios.

How about another ***** about how when you try to view all channels, it has to load them all each time, and it takes forever, and it doesn't update the channel names to the most current list?

Back