New Mickey Thompson M/T & A/T tires! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Mickey Thompson M/T & A/T tires!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Man those atz look absoultely FUGLY IMHO

I think that size looks especially bad. I want to see them in a more normal size like a 265/75/16. It may look better than that low profile/wide ass tire.

I recently got a set of Dick Cepek FC II Radials, 33x12.50. I could not be happier.
The price, the lug pattern, their performance on and off road, in snow, the materials, the tread depth and everything about this tire RULES. :)

Rob Slade said:
I think that size looks especially bad. I want to see them in a more normal size like a 265/75/16. It may look better than that low profile/wide ass tire.

Yeah, that AT looks wierd in that size

In my opinion the ATZ's look cool. Kinda turns back to a low profile look. They did just put the opposites of a small tire or a huge rim. Could complete my look, not all of us like the nobby mud tire look. It still atleast have side biters and I need that AT snow siping technology over the mud self cleaning tire. The grooves give it a tread pattern closer to a mud tire rather than slim rows of tread, so I see the comprimise.

looks are important I agree, but not as important to me as the tires structure, materials, tread, noise, and most of all traction on the street, dirt, sand, ice and snow.

Its not about a look, its about performance.

not trying to look like an escalade or hummer, but I just want a bigger tire/wheel combo. In my opinion the first gen sports look retarded with a oversized body on roller skate looking stock tires. Only reason I even got the lift is for bigger tires. Still mainly aiming at the street look.

Back