New Moutaineer Owner Coming From Envoy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Moutaineer Owner Coming From Envoy

paulyjsob

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Mountaineer AWD V8
Just wanted to say hi. I love the forum. What a great resource!

I purchased a used 07 Mountaineer Premier AWD V8 2 months ago from Carmax a little over a month ago and LOVE it so far. It had 31K miles on it and I was able to purchase a PremiumCare warranty for it for another 4 year. Nice piece of mind the right there.
This is my first Ford vehicle. My previous 4 cars were an 02 Trailblazer LS (bought back by chevy), a 2003 GMC Envoy SLE, a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT, and a 2002 MB C240.
I purchased the Mountaineer because I loved the style and I wanted a V8 for towing and a 3rd row seat... In a mid sized SUV.
My 05 Envoy was similarly equipped. When comparing the 2, the Mountaineer's layout wins hand down. I do have to say that some of the interior trim is more solid on the Envoy. In spots, things fit a tad better.
The seating in the first 2 rows is more comfy on the Mountaineer as well. The front seats definitely have more support. The 2nd row recline is very nice.
Handling wise, the Mountaineer wins hands down. MUCH more confident around the corners. And even though the Envoy's I6 is pretty close to the V8 in torque and HP, the Mountaineer feels much more powerful. Fuel economy wise, the Envoy was about 1mpg better in city driving whereas the Mountaineer is about 2mpg better on the highway.
I haven't towed my 5000lb boat yet.. Hopefully this saturday.
Overall, I like the Mountaineer more then the Envoy/trailblazer. Very happy with my purchase.
The only problem I have is a slight vibration during acceleration... right around 2000rpm.. Most noticeable in 2nd and 3rd. I have an appointment with my dealer on Monday... We'll see what he says.

Back