• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

New Nav maps available for the 17+

bnewt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 LIMITED
I have a 2017 Limited that I would like to update the maps.
Is this possible?
I thought that there was a thread on this, but can't seem to find it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Is this possible?
I've moved your thread to this existing one found doing a 'Search' for "Map updates".
This may also be of interest; sync 3 which maps are installed?

Peter

jhu8

Reaction score
City, State
Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ford Explorer Limited
Is this possible?
Just use Android auto or carplay. Significantly better than any map update Ford could put out. Plus is absolutely free!

pmm

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 4wd
Yes rumor has it map updates for SYNC3 are out. Order-able only by a dealer or parts vendor. Cost is roughly $150 and they need your VIN and APIM serial number. Version is 1.16. Update is via USB and will take roughly 70 minutes to update.
i have "most recent update" per ford and dealer. it has many significant map errors on major roads, e.g. missing exchange on turnpike, wrong exit lane on interstate. ford tells me they have no planned new updates at this time. their solution was to put android auto and waze on my phone. some solution for a very expensive navigation system.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum pmm.:wave:

Peter