• Register Today It's free!

new rear axle

93XLT105tr

Reaction score
City, State
sparkle city, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
alright here's the deal... I'm going to be changing entire drivetrain, gonna be a 302 about 350tq, c6, np205, 38.5x14.5 tsl's and some axles. what axles should i choose, i'm leaning towards a dana 44 up front, and a dana 60 rear. I'm looking mainly for low cost. But also upgraidability of the axles... lockers, gears, and findability in junkyards. Strength wise i think those will do it... But what axles does everyone suggest?

PS. I will have everything for sale... 2.5 JD lift stage 2, engine, axles, transfer case, and nobody wants the tranny.

if you want 38.5s and a D44 front you had better get Warn Alloy axleshafts and CTm u-joints.

Or get a D60 front axle.

Otherwise you will be grenading stuff left and right.

I agree with Cory. The 44 will work with 38.5's but you are taking a major gamble on reliability. If it were up to me I'd go with Dana 60's front and rear.

P.S. I'm interested in the JD lift. Have you set a price?

you beef up the 44 you should be fine. Problem is, with warn shafts and CTM joints you make your knuckle the weak link...that's kinda cool while at the same time a MAJOR pain in the ass to change on the trail. Also, 60's are just cool, if you want i maybe be able to dig up a number of a guy who's selling hp front 60's for like 600 from my research that's a pretty damn good deal. hth, even from a jeeper.
-Nate

Back