• Register Today It's free!

new shocks

raginraj

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS 4x4 (4.0L OHV)
i wanted to get some new shocks in my X but i've decided to keep the stock ride height. i checked out Kragen and Autozone and this is what i came up with:

front: Rancho RS99229
rear: Rancho RS99185

so before i go buy anything i wanted to see what you all think. i'm particularly interested in anyone who might have these installed on their X already.

thanks for any input you can give.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i thought these Rancho RS9000X series shocks were pretty popular X mods. i find it hard to believe that no one has any experience or input they can give me about them.

I have the Rancho 9000series and I am well pleased with them. They are not like other shocks, there is no charge to them. In other words, they do not expand like the rest of them and they are a heck of a lot easier to install. They have 9 settings and the most common setting is to run the fronts around 2 and the back on 3. The higher the number the stiffer the ride. Hope this helps.

it sure does. can you change the settings without removing the shock? or is it something you have to dial in before you do the install?

Yes, you can easily change the settings without having to remove them, they have a little knob towards the bottom of each one. Also I think they have a kit available that you can install so you can adjust them from the inside of your vehicle.

Back