New Sync Update JRT3-14G381-AS.zip. Any luck? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sync Update JRT3-14G381-AS.zip. Any luck?

Randy H

Reaction score
City, State
Manassas, Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Ford Explorer Sport
2019 Explorer sport - Sync 3 repeatedly attempts to update via wifi and it only gets about 1/3 of the way and stops. The web site also has the update posted. Following the directions exactly, the zip file shows a repeated error when trying to unzip the file. It states "an unknown error occurred when trying to extract x...tar.tz files". This is true on several computers and true when extracting to desktop or a properly formatted thumb drive. Is anyone experiencing this issue and what was the resolution?

Thank you !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2019 Explorer sport - Sync 3 repeatedly attempts to update via wifi and it only gets about 1/3 of the way and stops. The web site also has the update posted. Following the directions exactly, the zip file shows a repeated error when trying to unzip the file. It states "an unknown error occurred when trying to extract x...tar.tz files". This is true on several computers and true when extracting to desktop or a properly formatted thumb drive. Is anyone experiencing this issue and what was the resolution?

Thank you !

Had similar problems and didn't appear to be client or browser related. I was finally able to get a clean download after about a dozen attempts. My only suggestion would be to cease any other programs or processes, if possible and just dedicate the system to pulling the packages. I have no data to back this up apart from my last attempt I wasn't multitasking on the system.

Ok ..That's what I thought - corrupt files. Anyway, thank you for the response. I guess Ill keep trying the download (6 times so far). It appears their servers are overwhelmed or terribly inadequacy. A file download that should take 3 mins on my current internet speed, takes as much as 10 mins. Its no wonder it cant download on WiFi effectively. Im surprised something so simple in concept appears to be so challenging for Ford to accomplish. As for the Sync system itself, i really like it. I'm a little nervous to even attempt an upgrade worried it will break something I cant recover from since the download seems so challenging. Cheers!

Well, 13 attempts, I gave up. According to Sync support, they have escalated this issue do to the # of problems they are receiving. We will see.

Well, 13 attempts, I gave up. According to Sync support, they have escalated this issue do to the # of problems they are receiving. We will see.
There was recently a migration of their binaries; again, I have nothing to prove this is causal, but it certainly seems suspicious. My success came late in the evening, perhaps when server traffic was lower? Maybe try again tonight?

There was recently a migration of their binaries; again, I have nothing to prove this is causal, but it certainly seems suspicious. My success came late in the evening, perhaps when server traffic was lower? Maybe try again tonight?

Just to confirm. You are able to download file or you were able to download the file and extract it with success? I am able to download, just cant extract it. Thanks !

Just to confirm. You are able to download file or you were able to download the file and extract it with success? I am able to download, just cant extract it. Thanks !
I was able to download and then failed extracting at least a dozen different times. Then, for no apparent reason, I downloaded again and it extracted clean.

As a side, if you're on windows, be sure you're deleting your corrupted archives and flushing them out of your recycle bin too. For good measure, might be worth clearing your browser cache in between downloads. I did have some funky behavior when I had three separate browsers open all attempting to download.

I was able to download and then failed extracting at least a dozen different times. Then, for no apparent reason, I downloaded again and it extracted clean.

As a side, if you're on windows, be sure you're deleting your corrupted archives and flushing them out of your recycle bin too. For good measure, might be worth clearing your browser cache in between downloads. I did have some funky behavior when I had three separate browsers open all attempting to download.

Great. Ill give it another shot ..

Great. Ill give it another shot ..

Wow. Success. Cleared all browsing histories and caches on all browsers and recycle bin and it worked. Thank you !!
Installed successfully without an issue.

What Sync 3 update version is this??

Peter

Back