New SYNC Version 3.4.23088 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Version 3.4.23088

It's not a new message. you just don't see any it much because you acknowledge it and it normally never shows again. I tend to think it means voice command inputs because the Ford engineer that was on here said to have diagnostic info turned on so they can analyze voice commands that weren't recognized.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not a new message. you just don't see any it much because you acknowledge it and it normally never shows again. I tend to think it means voice command inputs because the Ford engineer that was on here said to have diagnostic info turned on so they can analyze voice commands that weren't recognized.
I get a message pop up occasionally like that as well where the system is sending info to Ford.

Peter

Could be, especially since it was pre-owned.
New-to-me message, I suppose. Maybe a further symptom of out-of-memory condition?

Got a new message on mine today, something about allowing listening data to Ford, assuming it meant FM audio.
Never seen that one before, and mine is not connected to any wifi [and my internet was down all night], so I doubt it got any kind of OTA update.
This is one of the many symptoms of the system running out of memory and resetting a lot of things. It basically forgets everything you did before or questions previously answered. The sad thing is it's something different every day for me and many others like me. It took me weeks or months to realize something was wrong. It was subtle at first like this type of thing or your Nav history totally erased. Then display backgrounds and settings. And on and on. I've read on the F-150 forum discussing this very Sync issue that many get that listening data prompt almost daily. For me it was just a couple times over the last few months. There are theories that this listening data prompt was one of the updates from 22251 that was added months ago and has hijacked the memory for many users.

I'm hoping this & the camera fixes are ready in time for my mid-Sept service appointment.

I was told a new update was in the works that will display the reverse camera image in full screen.

Peter

23188 does not have this. ...at least on the 10.1" screen. That said, the rear camera is a widescreen image. I can't see how it would be "full screen" on a portrait sized screen. Maybe someone with 23188 and the standard 8" screen can see if it is full screen. On mine, there is a "+" symbol over the rear view but the zoomed camera view still only occupies the top 1/3rd of the portrait screen.

23188 does not have this. ...at least on the 10.1" screen. That said, the rear camera is a widescreen image. I can't see how it would be "full screen" on a portrait sized screen. Maybe someone with 23188 and the standard 8" screen can see if it is full screen. On mine, there is a "+" symbol over the rear view but the zoomed camera view still only occupies the top 1/3rd of the portrait screen.
I have the same big screen with 360. And its waste of space. Maybe they will arrange as full view at top 360 view at bottom or something like this.

The software has not yet been released.

Peter

Back