New SYNC Version 3.4.23088 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Version 3.4.23088

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

already installed. did master reset. no issues

I'll wait for the official release. I'd be curious to see if my 2023 comes with it.

Peter

And 2 22 maps.

Installing 3.4 23088 and the new maps now.

My ST shows v22251 on the vehicle screen but Ford Owner site shows my vehicle is up to date with v23088, but won't offer any update download.

Called SYNC Support, the guy there was laughing while chatting and he simply said "yes we know its an issue, Im being told to refer you to the dealership".

BTW OTA (Over the Air) is generic term that simply means the update is pushed out wirelessly with through cellular or WiFi, it's used on any vehicle with a modem. Our vehicles with SYNC3 have modems and can download OTA for all updates if that's the method chosen. Due to its poor execution and lackluster performance most chose the USB methods. Ford does try and define their proprietary OTA method as something exclusive to SYNC4 but its not, its generic.
No such thing as "SYNC support" we have a Ford hotline but it's actually going away in the near future, I've spent all day with a laptop trying to straighten out SYNC issues and have replaced many an APIM due to issues.

I thought I would update that using 23088, my APIM ran out of rwdata memory and Sync settings started going back to default among other annoying behavior. I would strongly urge anyone using older SYNC 3.4 versions to NOT install either 22251 or 23088--these versions are running out of memory. If you are lucky enough to be still running older versions than these, turn off your autoupdate!!

I managed to get back to 22200 and rwdata immediately freed up a bunch of memory and has stayed free. Sync is back to running smoothly.

If you are running 22251 or 23088 already, I would recommend running the Cyanlabs Sync Interrogator and looking at rwdata.
When there is no free memory, it will look like:
/fs/rwdata/ = 0M / 1.2G
My 22200 shows 545M / 1.2G free.

Thanks for the info. I have 22251 and haven't had any issues with it.

Cyanlabs claims 23088 is the same as 22251:
"New" Sync 3 version 3.4.23088 (still 3.4.22251, actually)

Peter
That is the 23088 that Ford mistakenly pushed out. They eventually found the real 23088 on Ford servers.

No one knows why some are running out of memory. Even Cyanlabs people say it may not even be related to the Sync version but something else may be going on. All I know is that days after running 23088, I started losing settings (went to default). Others are having this happen on 22251, including people on this forum and other platforms too.

I'm experiencing the out-of-memory condition on mine, Sync 3.4 build 22251. It forgets the number of preset pages and SiriusXM defaults to channel 0, RADIO ID. It's super annoying. I had automatic updates turned on.

Sounds like this out-of-memory condition is happening to F150s and Broncos too, lots of posts on those forums about this. I don't really want to download the real 23088 from Cyanlabs and install it, potentially causing more of a problem.

I'm fairly convinced the memory issue with the build ver. 22251 in directly related to using Apple Car Play... when my girlfriend attached her iphone to charge in my Ford Ranger, some prompt came up about enabling Apple Car Play...things went south from there. I have all the same issues including 0 memory in the "/fs/rwdata."

I'm fairly convinced the memory issue with the build ver. 22251 in directly related to using Apple Car Play... when my girlfriend attached her iphone to charge in my Ford Ranger, some prompt came up about enabling Apple Car Play...things went south from there. I have all the same issues including 0 memory in the "/fs/rwdata."
Nice try but no. I never used Apple Car Play or Android Auto. I only use Bluetooth and Sirius XM Radio on mine for almost 4 years. What happened to you was merely a coincidence.

NO, 23088 suffers from the same problem. I'm sticking with 22200.
Sounds like I'm sticking with what I got until the real software update drops in September.

Sounds like I'm sticking with what I got until the real software update drops in September.
Well, that was 23088 which never quite made it onto anyone's vehicle officially. The new one is 23188 which is the most recent one on Cyanlabs. It DOES fix the memory issue and works flawlessly from what I can tell.

I was told a new update was in the works that will display the reverse camera image in full screen.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got a new message on mine today, something about allowing listening data to Ford, assuming it meant FM audio.
Never seen that one before, and mine is not connected to any wifi [and my internet was down all night], so I doubt it got any kind of OTA update.

Back