New to Me 2015 PIU - Copy-Paste from PIU Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to Me 2015 PIU - Copy-Paste from PIU Thread

i_i

Reaction score
City, State
SW Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
15 Explorer PIU
Below is a copy-paste from my thread in the PIU area. Looking forward to posting more things:

I'm glad I found this forum. It appears a lot of you know what you're talking about and I'm excited to get FORscan installed on the laptop and check out and tweek all the features of my new ride.

I just picked up a relatively low mileage 2015 PIU (71K, 479 idle hours). It still has a lot of the equipment that the department must have installed in it. They are still wired up (with exception of the front-facing camera). Here are a few of the goodies it came with:
  • Panasonic WJ-VR30 network recorder with 2x 256 GB Toshiba SSD Drives full of .AV3 files (anyone know software to open/view these? VLC doesn't open them)
  • Panasonic WV-VC30 camera
  • 2x Panasonic WV-VC32 cameras - one pointed in the rear passenger area and one looking out the back window for a rear-view
  • Havis CM004832 console with always-on 12VDC ports and a mystery toggle switch which isn't wired to anything
  • Havis DS-PAN-700 laptop mount (removed and in my garage)
  • AUX and USB* Sync already installed and working (as well as Bluetooth)
Unfortunately, it does not have the back-up camera and coming from a coupe to this larger vehicle it would be nice to have one to make aware of my surroundings. Hopefully I can get it up and running using FORscan. If you have any tips to enable this with an OEM camera, let me know.

Greetings to everyone on this forum.

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Back