• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum

keith.herrington

Reaction score
City, State
Palmyra, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Ranger FX4
While I'm new to the forum I've been a Ford owner for many years. I bought an '88 Aerostar new and owned it for over 15 years, and bought a new 2005 Ranger FX4. Over the years I upgraded the Ranger to Level II configuration. While I've always been satisfied with it as a daily driver, and have never towed anything with it, I've also been constantly disappointed by its lack of horsepower and torque. One of my hopes is that the folks on this forum will help me correct that.
Keith

While I'm new to the forum I've been a Ford owner for many years. I bought an '88 Aerostar new and owned it for over 15 years, and bought a new 2005 Ranger FX4. Over the years I upgraded the Ranger to Level II configuration. While I've always been satisfied with it as a daily driver, and have never towed anything with it, I've also been constantly disappointed by its lack of horsepower and torque. One of my hopes is that the folks on this forum will help me correct that.
Keith

Welcome.

Are you an auto or manual? Also what gear ratio do you have?

My 06 was a 4.0 manual with 4.10 gears and it always did pretty good in the power department for what it was, but the 4.10 gears with a manual helped that a lot.

Particulars

Have an automatic and a 4.10 limited slip rear axle.
Keith

Back