New to this forum, with 2020 Aviator Grand Touring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New to this forum, with 2020 Aviator Grand Touring

Pioneer4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Greensburg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Lincoln Aviator GT
Hey all, a couple months ago I got a lightly used CPO 2020 Aviator Grand Touring, basically maxed out.
It is a 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring in Silver Radiance with Roast interior and Engine Turned Aluminum trim
Elements Package Plus,Co-Pilot 360 Plus Package, Luxury Package, Trailer Tow Package, Dynamic Handling Package
21" Premium Wheels, Full Rear Console, Lincoln Play Rear Video Screens.
I joined a Lincoln Aviator Forum, but figured I should also peruse Explorer stuff.
So far, I love it, only issue is a few weeks after I got it, the driver's set won't recline. It will tilt forward (I can actually make the headrest touch the sunvisor) but it won't go back to vertical, let alone recline. It is drivable, but uncomfortable, you have the hunched over feel.
They supposedly ordered "a new seat back", but still waiting.
I have a 2019 Volvo S90 (their big sedan) T8 (PHEV) which I love, both the car, and the PHEV part (moar powr!!!)
And I had a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit L since new (July 2021) that I also loved, but never drove, always took the Volvo instead, unless I needed the "Jeep" or the 3rd row, or the cargo room. So traded it on the 2020 Aviator, which is very comparable in size (not quite as long, but wider), and PHEV, and way more power, and even better economy than the V6 Jeep!
Some trade offs (less off road, no low range, no locking rear differential, no night vision...) but also a lot of pluses like the PHEV, the POWER!, and the luxury elements are a bit (not much) nicer as well. Suspension REALLY lowers for entry, but not as high for off road, (Win for the wife, eh for me).
1685720601606.png

and squat mode for entry
1685720646869.png

While it is a sister car to the Explorer, I found it interesting (and a bit odd) that it had totally different front suspension! (no struts, but normal Upper/Lower control arms)

Welcome to the forum. The Aviator is the Lincoln equivalent vehicle to the Ford Expedition, not the Explorer.

Wicked cool ride!! They are
Building what the people want

Keep us updated on the seat situation

Back