New Update!!!!

Livernois

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Good morning guys!

We had a few new and pretty cool ideas for the 13-15 XSport tuning! We want a few of you guys that are part of the LMS family to send in some tune requests to tuning@livernoismotorsports.com

We would love for you guys to run the new Version 4, and let us know what you think!

Remember that we need:

Required Information for Livernois Motorsports MyCal Tuner

When sending in your tune request via E-Mail please include the required information below to build your tunes and return them to you as quickly as possible. The process to create custom tunes typically takes 24-48 business hours (9-6 Eastern Standard Time M-F)

• First Name
• Last Name
• Street Address
• City
• Zip/postal code
• Phone number
• E-Mail address
• Serial number from device
• Year
• Make
• Model
• Octane of fuel
• Tunes requested
• Strategy code
• SW ID number(Fords only)
• Modifications/performance parts added to vehicle

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! I just need the serial number from my MyCal, which I'll get when I get home from work and I'll send you guys an email request. Very cool. Thanks!

No, thank you! We would appreciate any feedback on V4!

Oh now this is going to drive me nuts. Someone tell me what the changes are

Definitely a benefit of Livernois over SCT, having the tunes updated.

Once we get our tunes from the SCT supported tuner, that's it.

Oh now this is going to drive me nuts. Someone tell me what the changes are

There honestly are far too many changes to just flat out list them. There are throttle, timing, boost, fuel mapping, trans mods, etc....

Definitely a benefit of Livernois over SCT, having the tunes updated.

Once we get our tunes from the SCT supported tuner, that's it.

Thanks for compliments! We definitely take the road less traveled...sometimes for better sometimes for worse. But it is always in the interest of providing our clients with the best products and services.

Version 4 93 Performance 3 Bar has loaded successfully! Give some feedback after I get some drive time with it. Great service! Thanks again!

Anybody still running stock, you just don't know what you're missing... lol!

When will Livernois start selling tunes for our SCT X4 tuners?

The X4 is simply the transfer device, nothing in the tune is proprietary is it?

Since SCT doesn't update anything (in the tune itself) once you buy the tuner, you guys should consider it.

When will Livernois start selling tunes for our SCT X4 tuners?

The X4 is simply the transfer device, nothing in the tune is proprietary is it?

Since SCT doesn't update anything (in the tune itself) once you buy the tuner, you guys should consider it.

We will not, because there is not enough room on the SCT device for our tune files.

There are several alterations in our tuning that is proprietary in nature. Hence why we are able to accomplish gains with our tuning that go unmatched.

Knowing that there is no post product support why be a patron of theirs? We regularly update our tunes to provide our clients with the best tuning and part support in the industry.

There honestly are far too many changes to just flat out list them. There are throttle, timing, boost, fuel mapping, trans mods, etc....

Noticeable driveability?

Let me start out by saying 93 Performance 3 bar V3 was a huge improvement over stock. There were a few things that bothered me though... the shift points were too quick, the transition through a few of the gears were very hard, and I felt that I wish it had a little more power to it. Mileage wasn't bad considering my driving, but not going too nuts, I averaged 19.1 mpg on the dash gauge.

Now for 93 Performance 3 bar V4. I have only been driving it a few days (couple hundred miles), but here are some of my thoughts on it so far. The shift points hold out longer and transition is nice and smooth, it now feels "in tune" with the rest of the drivetrain.
"Torque", it definitely has more torque/ power. There is no doubt that there is more power and I would like to see the Dyno sheet between the 2 versions. LOL Cruise at about 30 and punch it to really feel it set you back. Switching lanes, hitting it to pass a car or two and speed shoots up faster than V3.
The other day I stopped at the usual gas station to fill up. There is a nice open stretch of country highway, so I usually punch it coming out of the station up to about 65-70. Did it with V4 and the tires squealed very loud, which it never did before, it would just go.
And last, so far the mileage has increase about 1.5 mpg reading 20.5 mpg when driven the same as the 19.1 mpg I was getting before.

So first impression is I liked Version 3, but now I'm loving Version 4 so far! It's only been a couple days, but it just feels much improved.

As far as things that could be improved on this... Well of course more power, but I know just tuning has it's limits. I would like a quicker build up of boost, which I think an exhaust upgrade/ downpipes would be needed to help with that.

I just think V4 is a nice upgrade, very noticeable, more refined with more power over V3. I'm looking forward to more driving time with it, and any other noticeable changes, positive or negative, I will update here. But so far I haven't found anything negative about V4 compared to V3.

If you guys at LMS have other "cool ideas" for the XSport that you want someone to try, let me know. :D

Thank you Livernois for great Continued Support to your customers!!!

Thank you for the review! We appreciate you taking time out to let the community know what you think of our latest tune version for your XSport! We will keep you posted on our cool ideas as well ;-)

As you said downpipes will help with that low end boost building. As they are engineered to relieve the excess back-pressure on the exhaust side of the turbocharger. This relief allows the impeller inside the turbos to spool up faster, with less resistance and less effort.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just flashed v4 93oct and went for a spin. It's a big improvement all around. Drivability is better and WOT is noticeably faster. It spins the tires every time in 1st gear and going into 2nd, and top-end feels stronger.

I won't be able to go to the dragstrip for another three weeks, but I will definitely run it and see how it compares to v3 93oct. They also sent me a 100oct tune but I still have a half tank of 93 in it.

Back