New Update!!!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Update!!!!

I've been using this tune for awhile now. Love it. Timing is much better. Just seems like a more refined tune. No more hard bumps. Thanks Livernois for the awesome tune!!!

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you for your business Chris, and glad to see that you are loving the tune!

Finally got around to loading and timing the V4 tunes. Transmission up shifts are much more refined than V3 but still nice and firm. Overall, really noticeable improvement in 'driveability' with no loss in performance. Big :thumbsup: for V4.

Below are my best V3 and V4 0-60 timings. The runs were made on different days, with different temperature conditions, more or less on the same stretch of road. Ignore the reaction times, they don't affect the 0-60 timings.

Version 3 (best time 5.09 sec) : 44 deg F, 55% humidity, trac contrl and A/C off, first two runs no power braking, 3rd run unsuccessful power braking. All 'normal' mode.

Version 4 (best time 4.70 sec) : 57 deg F, 70% humidity, trac cntrl and A/C off. The 4.7 run was a killer power braking start (got to remember exactly how I did that), others no power braking. All 'normal' mode. Man, I wish the Xsport had a launch mode.

BTW, I put over 7,500 miles on the V3 tune with absolutely no problems, including the trip to bring the cars from Texas to NY. YMMV of course.

Great results, love the V4 tune - Thanks Livernois!

4.7......... thats insane......
Thanks slicky. That 4.7 was the best of the best, an 'outlier' as the stat guys say. Everything was perfect and the Xsport leaped off of the line. My Xsport is solidly in the lower to mid 5s with v4, however, and that works for me. Tromp and go gets me mid 5s without fail. The lower ambient temps here in NY help a lot. Also, I made sure I seated the rings in the first couple of hundred miles with the 'ride it like you stole it' break in philosophy from my bike experience:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I'm at 12,875 miles now and she pulls really strong. YMMV, don't try this at home! Seating the rings in the fashion listed in the link above can come at the expense of other engine and drivetrain components. For me though, compression is king and you only get one chance to seat the rings.

Good job comparing the 0-60 times between the two.

One question on a different subject. Why the hell did you move from Texas to NY? In my opinion a crazy move. I've lived in NY my whole life besides when I was down south while in the military but if I could I would move out of this state. It's way to restrictive on everything here.

Good job comparing the 0-60 times between the two.

One question on a different subject. Why the hell did you move from Texas to NY? In my opinion a crazy move. I've lived in NY my whole life besides when I was down south while in the military but if I could I would move out of this state. It's way to restrictive on everything here.
Hi Boss, thanks. I ran another set yesterday morn. Couldn't hit the 4.7 again, but I'm consistently under 5.2 so I'm happy.

Regarding NY, I agree with your comments versus TX but we have family here and we really like the summer/winter activities available here in the Catskills :). Really hard on the cars though, that's the tough part for my wife and me because we're both car nuts.

Hi Boss, thanks. I ran another set yesterday morn. Couldn't hit the 4.7 again, but I'm consistently under 5.2 so I'm happy.

Regarding NY, I agree with your comments versus TX but we have family here and we really like the summer/winter activities available here in the Catskills :). Really hard on the cars though, that's the tough part for my wife and me because we're both car nuts.

5.2 in this heavy beast is respectable.

Oh ok then. Good luck up there. Winters are worse up there then down here on Long Island. Wish I could run summer tire all year long.

Had mine on the Dyno today..this is the sheet.... He compared it with a stock sport that came in a month or so ago

37 mph to 107 mph

Nice. I can't believe how much boost these have. It shows that the stocker he tested hit 19.3. I am surprised how rich they run it, but that is nice and safe. It does seem like the fuel should come in sooner though. It is at low rpm, but over 14:1 when you have over 12psi of boost is not good. Did he measure the AFR at the tailpipe? I think that does give you a couple hundred rpm delay in the readings, so maybe it does come in sooner like it should.

Can we see it with the Y axis' changed to HP and TQ?

Nice. I can't believe how much boost these have. It shows that the stocker he tested hit 19.3. I am surprised how rich they run it, but that is nice and safe. It does seem like the fuel should come in sooner though. It is at low rpm, but over 14:1 when you have over 12psi of boost is not good. Did he measure the AFR at the tailpipe? I think that does give you a couple hundred rpm delay in the readings, so maybe it does come in sooner like it should.

Can we see it with the Y axis' changed to HP and TQ?

Yeah the Avg Boost bumps it up to about 5 PSI.

I am not the best at reading these graphs..but from what i get MAx trq was about 50 more

It had one run where it read 387 trq..but it bumped a bit on the dyno so gave a bit of a false reading

AGain i am still trying to read this correctly haha

I just had the baseline done this morning. Photo attached. This was third gear.

i then installed the tune, 3 BAR MAP, Air Raid, and 170 TSTAT.

LET ME TELL YA SOMETHING!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

Runs like a damn scalded dog. Absolutely incredible. smooth as can be. Launch control off, launch at 2500 RPM +/- is exhilarating!!! My wife was not real hip to the idea of me goofing around with her $52,000 vehicle, but after one ride she was hooked!! it drives like stock until you want it.

ive got a dyno time tomorrow AM and will post the after numbers...

2015-12-29%2020.52.16_zpsy90apu1j.jpg

These don't have launch control no?

The Dynojet sure reads a lot higher than a Mustang Dyno. The Dynojet run also has a huge 1.13 correction factor, which is adding 13% to the measured numbers. If you can, change the X axis to RPM. You cx. Also plot std which will have 0 correction.

The Dynojet sure reads a lot higher than a Mustang Dyno. The Dynojet run also has a huge 1.13 correction factor, which is adding 13% to the measured numbers. If you can, change the X axis to RPM. You cx. Also plot std which will have 0 correction.

I agree. Best thing to do would be to remove the correction factor and do a back to back run before and after the tune.

Next best would be to run the tuned version on the same dyno(since the baseline was already completed) with same parameters(at as close to same environmental conditions if possible).

I wouldn't go by absolute numbers, but the A to B comparison to see the gains.

Traction Control!! LOL

I have always launched it WITH TC on...turning it off big difference i assume?

So on my 2nd graph..the red line is HP. The lower being stock..higher being mine correct? (still new to all of this)

Thanks slicky. That 4.7 was the best of the best, an 'outlier' as the stat guys say. Everything was perfect and the Xsport leaped off of the line. My Xsport is solidly in the lower to mid 5s with v4, however, and that works for me. Tromp and go gets me mid 5s without fail. The lower ambient temps here in NY help a lot. Also, I made sure I seated the rings in the first couple of hundred miles with the 'ride it like you stole it' break in philosophy from my bike experience:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

I'm at 12,875 miles now and she pulls really strong. YMMV, don't try this at home! Seating the rings in the fashion listed in the link above can come at the expense of other engine and drivetrain components. For me though, compression is king and you only get one chance to seat the rings.

I've noticed that my 16 X Sport (without tune) is a dog when I hammer the gas from a stop for the first couple times I hammer it. Then, it seems like the computer figures out that I plan to beat the snot out of the truck. My gas pedal becomes touchy and jumps with little gas, and then it launches faster and better after a few times gunning it. Then, when I am ready to resume to "family grocery getter" mode, it takes a few minutes for it to return to softer shifting and less touchy throttle. Mine only has 400 miles, so I am sure the computer is still learning my "habits". My F150 was this way at first but it has gotten progressively better by about 5-10k. I am a tough driver to learn though.

I am guessing the tune will help get rid of some of the learning curve for my truck.

I've noticed that my 16 X Sport (without tune) is a dog when I hammer the gas from a stop for the first couple times I hammer it. Then, it seems like the computer figures out that I plan to beat the snot out of the truck. My gas pedal becomes touchy and jumps with little gas, and then it launches faster and better after a few times gunning it. Then, when I am ready to resume to "family grocery getter" mode, it takes a few minutes for it to return to softer shifting and less touchy throttle. Mine only has 400 miles, so I am sure the computer is still learning my "habits". My F150 was this way at first but it has gotten progressively better by about 5-10k. I am a tough driver to learn though.

I am guessing the tune will help get rid of some of the learning curve for my truck.

Yeah with 400 miles it's still learning your driving habits

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have always launched it WITH TC on...turning it off big difference i assume?

So on my 2nd graph..the red line is HP. The lower being stock..higher being mine correct? (still new to all of this)

big difference.

hold brake, press accelerator to 2,000-2,500 let off brake and stomp it. enjoy!!!!

Back