Newbie Q? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newbie Q?

I have a 94 Xplorer purple in great condition with my first mod (clear corners) and im hoping to get sky jacker 2 inch lift now i was told i can fit 31s stock is this true also i was told to be able to get 31s the tire guy said i have to buy or have some kind of chip burnt into my abs system or it wont work is this true also do any of you first gen guys have the sky jacker is it good do you have any pics if so please post them thank you.

brad

the abs will work fine with the abs and 31s.....

i put 31s on mine stock, however, it slightly rubbed the rear of the front fenders, so i trimmed the inner plastic liner

some first gen explorers could fit 31s without any rub, some could not... wierd, yes, but true nonetheless

the skyjacker is good, but make sure you still save up $ for an alignment afterwards and the proper camber adjusters.... if you start raising it any more than 2" without axle drop brackets in the front, the alignemnt wont be correctable anymore....

OFFROADX313 said:
I have a 94 Xplorer purple in great condition with my first mod (clear corners) and im hoping to get sky jacker 2 inch lift now i was told i can fit 31s stock is this true also i was told to be able to get 31s the tire guy said i have to buy or have some kind of chip burnt into my abs system or it wont work is this true also do any of you first gen guys have the sky jacker is it good do you have any pics if so please post them thank you.

brad
Thanks for the one period at the end, that really helped in reading it.

Yes, you can probably fit 31"s stock, a small lift will help them fit even more. Not sure how much the SkyJacker is running these days, but you can do a budget boost (spacers and shackles) on your rig for about $75, and that will give you about +/- 1.5". If you are only planning on running 31s, the budget boost is a great alternative.

The ABS thing is just bs. Find a new tire guy.

Yes the ABS thing is a crock! And like Robb also said, if you only want to run 31's then you can do it very cheap and easily with spacers and shackles.

I'd say do the budget lift. Then, if you want to go bigger, you won't have to take all te brackets and stuff off from the 2" and then put on new ones for like a 4" or 5.5" lift.
The spacers/shackles is the way to go right now.
Just my opinion.
Ryan

Back