newbie | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bean

Reaction score
City, State
Abbotsford, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 xlt 4x4 4.0L
hi ppl... new to this forum stuff, but i have a 1993 Explorer 158000 km on it with 34x10.50 swamper ltb's good little unit, although it is dead right now...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the forum. Whats keepin it off the road?

bean... :D

lb0824_mrbean_color_08-24-07_L96QUIA.jpg

not to sure

not to sure, i replaced the lower and upper intake gaskets last week and now it wont start... ran fine before i took it apart... i have fuel and spark, but no fire... trying to figure it out before i start throwing cash at it... dont have a lot right now... the only thing that i can think of is that the pcm lost the #1 cylinder and is not firing the coil, or the injectors at the right time... very confused... this is not the first ford i have owned, but this is the first time i have had this problem... i HATE electronics...:confused:

welcome to the forum

i did, and i think that the codes i am getting r 14 pip circuit fault, and 16 rpm too low to test o2 sensor/fuel test... i have a digital code reader coming so i will know exactly what codes they r...

thanks for the welcome...

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

ya, it is also called crankshaft timing sensor, variable reluctant sensor, and a hall type sensor... either way, i dont know if that is the prob or not... i will check back tomorrow... thanks all for your input...

One way to tell if if you could hear your fuel pump prime on, and off every time you turn your engine over with a breaker bar while the electrical system is on. The ignition key should be in the accessory position.

Back