next wheelin trip... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

next wheelin trip...

That was fun! Thanks to ALL!

5213531066_43da395fd9_b.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just don't end up like this guy did:

326.jpg

Fun day... Glad we found some fresh snow to wheel in.

Here's a few pictures:

On the way up the hill - - Ben and Forrest in the lead, knocking down the snow. . .
On the Trail.JPG

On the top of the ridgeline. . .
Hill Top.JPG

Ben and Forrest's rigs. . .
Ben and Forrest.JPG

A view down the valley to Cedar Lake. . .
Cedar Lake.JPG

Paul

More pictures. . .

Lunch at the turn-around point. . .
Group.JPG

Abby. . .
Abby.JPG

Phil and Luci(fer). . .
Phil and Lucy.JPG

Group shot on the way down the hill. . .
Group Shot.JPG

Thanks again, great time,

Paul

How was the traction? I was breaking trail in places with up to 9" of snow and had good traction.
I did manage to take the front right tire complete off the rim.

Time to get your bead locks on! The snow was good, I had to throw the dual T cases in low at the last hill to drive up on top of it but we made it... not sure how deep it was... Had a good time. Sounds like we are going to green water for christmas trees next weekend with our DD trucks, should be fun.

Sounds like we are going to green water for christmas trees next weekend with our DD trucks, should be fun.

Want to run to Lonesome Lake while you're out there? There's a picnic table
5196505604_1809856bc8_z.jpg

I dont know, Im taking my tow rig. My diesel is lame in the snow, its fun until you have to get the stupid thing unstuck...

Hmm, maybe we need to head out ther too,,just in case?

Locker fixed, blew a hole in the air line.

Muffler back and part of the tail pipe back on.

Time for another snow run.

I dont know, Im taking my tow rig. My diesel is lame in the snow, its fun until you have to get the stupid thing unstuck...

Darn Xmas tree hunters hogging up the roads ..... ;-)

yeah-yeah, I know...

Lonesome Lake ended up being a really cool destination to "try" and get to last winter........ xmas tree killers and all! The lake is 4800ft, higher than Cedar Lake

Lonesome Lake ended up being a really cool destination to "try" and get to last winter........ xmas tree killers and all! The lake is 4800ft, higher than Cedar Lake

I have enjoyed every attempt to reach Lonesome Lake. :thumbsup:

snow = FAIL for the F-350 crew cab. I would like to take the exploder up there one of these weekends, sounds like fun. Chris called me the other day wanting to know when the next snow wheelin trip was. Lets plan a trip!

I would like to take the exploder up there one of these weekends, sounds like fun. Chris called me the other day wanting to know when the next snow wheelin trip was. Lets plan a trip!

That would be VERY cool! Nf-75, Nf-7530 to Lonesome Lake. Can run down to the closed Nf-74 and check out the "holy crap" river washout from 3 years ago too

Hmm, maybe we need to head out ther too,,just in case?

Locker fixed, blew a hole in the air line.

Muffler back and part of the tail pipe back on.

Time for another snow run.

I run my air lines inside some 5/16th fuel line to protect them from them the heat of the exhaust manifold.
I was wondering whos exhaust that was

I run my air lines inside some 5/16th fuel line to protect them from them the heat of the exhaust manifold.
I was wondering whos exhaust that was

I ran it through some clear vinyl tubing this time so I can still see it. I might wrap some aluminum tape around it in the area close to the exhaust manifold.

Attachments

• SNC00024.jpg
    SNC00024.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 269

Lonesome Lake this weekend!

Kevin's up for an attempt, anyone else????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back