Nitrous( beat the dead horse ) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous( beat the dead horse )

Hello,

Having searched the forums, I realize that the subject of adding nitrous kits to Xploders has been beaten to death. However, I wanted to see if I could get some feedback for my specific reasoning.

I have a '95 V6 OHV equipped Xploder, stock xcept the addition of a K&N filter, with 100K miles. I'm considering adding a 'dry' nitrous kit. I understand that a 'wet' kit is safer ( WRT detonation ), but I'm looking at dry because:

- simple installation, & easy to remove if selling vehicle?

- 50hp - 80hp gain is all I'm looking for

- for mild hp gain, dry is considered safe?

- inexpensive, relatively?

- could be upgraded to 'wet' system later if desired without too much trouble/xtra expense?

If this reasoning is valid, which kit is 'best' in terms of cost/ease of use?

TIA,
Anders

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what you would want to do is make sure you have a full open intake first (mac, K&N FIPK ect..) Then you would want a really high flowing exhaust. After that you would want a apten flip chip so you can run a 75 shot safely.

Why do you want to go faster? race... offroad... just beat ricers?

I thought dry was safer. Zex seems to be a popular brand on this board. Go with what Boomin said, don't just put the bottle on a stock Explorer.

wet is safer because it basically makes sure your truck does not run lean. WIth dry nitrous you need a chip to basically make your truck run a little rich to compinsate for the dry nitrous

Ok. I thought they came with chips to adjust the mixture.

well the zex kit does run off your FPR but you want that extra boost of fuel to make sure it does not run lean and you get all the nitrous you can out of it. The chip also retards the timing just a tad.

Husky: Im still learning on this too because this is in my near future

i would definatly spray it, i think every one should spray there cars.

Back