• Register Today It's free!

No Heat

91n93explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Lebanon, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' XLT
:usa: I replaced Everything In My Engine As Far As Heating/Cooling. In My 93'.
New Radiator, New Water Pump, New Hoses And Clamps, New Therm (and checked to make sure it worked), New Heater Core. Even Bought Electric Fan Kit With Own Thermostat For Fan.
I Also Rebuilt The Engine Up From The Pistons After A Blown Head.
No Heat.

Someone Told Me Check The Speed Of The Blower Motor, Or The Heater Control Valve Switch. I'm Totally Lost.

Anyone Have Any Ideas Or Input? Thanks.:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My stepdad's explorer had something lodge behind the slider for the temp. control. He could move the slider but whatever is behind that wasn't moving all the way. I've never taken the dash off so I don't know what is back there.

blend door?
Air Comes Out It's Just Not Hot.

That was his problem. Air blew fine but it wasn't hot. He could move the slider but never heard anything switching behind it like he used to hear.

nope not the slider, that all works fine, a buddy just told me it's most likely my heater control valve switch. Any Ideas?

When mine blew cold air it just ended up being the Tstat. Replaced the tstat and I had hot air again.

I would try the relay first. It's a common problem and cheap and easy to fix!

heater control valve is the little plastic thing that attaches to you heater hoses going into the heater core from the engine bay. Above the blower motor. But not all X's had them. Should have a little vacuum controlled motor on it. Then you can try replacing the blower motor resistor that is on the side of the heater box again in the engine bay.

awesome, thanks guys, looks like I have a few things to check, just found out mine doesn't have a heater control valve. gonna change therm again, and check out that resistor. Maybe Just Get A New Blower Motor, Might as Well Everything else is New..

I'm not sure if your problem is no blowing or no heat. If the blower works, but no heat your first troubleshooting step should be feeling the heater hoses. They should both be too hot to touch. In the event of a clogged core, one will be too hot to touch, the other will be merely hot.

Next would be the blend door. Drop the glovebox by squeezing in the sides and letting it fall. You can see the cable workings.

If no blower, tap the motor than work backwards to the relay and fuse. Electrical diagrams can be had at:
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/0b/a9/c7/0900823d800ba9c7.jsp

let us know how it works out.

I would suspect the blend door at this point.

Turns Out The One Hse Was Cold And The Other Was Hot, The coolant Wasn't Flowing Thru The Heater Core. Some DEbris Got Stuck At End Of Hose In The Core Itself.

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUr HELP!
RIDE HIGH!

Back