No Power Locks, No Keyfab, No Remote | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Power Locks, No Keyfab, No Remote

edmiller1976

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer
Hello, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a 2002 explorer Eddie Bauer with some issues. Mainly some electrical issues. Most important issue I was hoping someone can help with is the Power locks, remote and door keyfab not working. I have read a lot of posts about the security module being the problem. But how do I know the module is bad and its not something else? I have checked all fuses inside and under the hood. I checked connections to the security module in the passenger side pillar. None of the interior lock buttons work. The system seems dead. I read a few posts where people had similar issues all after disconnecting the battery for another reason. Then when they reconnect it they have issues with the locks. But I never could find a solution. Any help would be appreciated. I have not attempted to disconnect the battery yet and see if rebooting the computer would fix it. Thank you

I would concentrate first on getting the locks to work with the door switch. If the switch won't open them it's hard to tell if the fob works or not.
Start by tracing out the power from the drivers door. A schematic would be a great help if you can find one. Since all doors are affected it can probably be traced back to one power point.

Back