no reverse no codes no od flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no reverse no codes no od flashing

jrford

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac
waiting for tow on pda
04 51k lost reverse
no codes no cel no od of death
goes forward
any ideas?
drop of at dealers in am
would like an idea?
my guess is servo how much an have an idea?

can't search on palm waiting in parkin lot . . .

Yikes! Not good at all. You could try a PCM reset by disconnecting the neg battery clamp for a few mins. You might lose whatever codes are stored though. Let us know what you find out.

Well i made it home while the baby was tied down on the flatbed for the 15 miles.
I'll wait on the reset of the PCM and see it the dealer pulls any codes. This blows not a good time to happen. It seems to have all the forward gears, didn't get a chance to run it up to any speed, my wife said it wouldn't go over 30mph. It did have the TSB done, they added a small bottle of something and reflashed it at 15k mi. Ran great after words. In the last few days i noticed an occasional weird noise on the 2-3 shift, also noticed in Drive at the stop light it wouldn’t inch forward anymore.
So much for the 150k filled for life . . . and the TSB – still failed and only at 51,000 miles.

Venting - Said if this goes bad and if it does I’ll never buy a ford again. To top it all my family has driven them for 4 generations and over 80 years. I was the 4th in my family to work for fordmoco, my great-grandfather started working there as a foreman in the 20’s. Some 20 years later he wound up being carried out of the plant on a stretcher after a stroke but before that he got my grandfather a job, my dad a job and I was able work there for 8 years in IT (during this time I bought this ’04) till my job got sent to india few years back. Got another job with a supplier who works for GM, Chrysler, and Ford so not all was lost.
Vent off.
My ’96 heep is running great, knock on wood at 140k miles so much for the new upgrade . . .
thanks
Jim

bad to worse. Got a code from the Dealer P0733, he wants to rebuild it for $3100.
Get this they tell me its a 50/50 chance on getting it covered by ford, but pay $800 so we can tear into it and see if they will cover it. No way, i can hear it now, after they pull it, oh, much worse, its now $3100 (new trans) and ford won't cover it, but you get a Warranty with it for something like 3yrs/36k. i'm still waiting on the rebuild price from the dealer. . .
I'm going to run as fast as i can. Its good in a way, now ill never buy a ford again.
So much for the TSB . . .did nothing.

Found a local trans and gear guy what will guarantee it for life, $1600. And he rebuilds them so they don't come back. Said he would do the servos too, . . . .

Back