no right flasher at night. fine in the day. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

no right flasher at night. fine in the day.

nothinbutroad

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Terrace
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 ford explorer
I have tried pulling codes and all codes passed, I pulled fuses and nothing helped. during the day both flashers work fine nothing wrong. but the problem is when I turn the head lights on, the right flasher on the inside of the car is permanently on(solid not flashing). the left flasher works as good as it ever has. but when I turn the right flasher on, the light gets brighter but doesn't flash. I have a 91 ford explorer 2wd 4.0l I work late and driving home with out my signal really sucks. if you need additional info let me know, ive never had this kind of problem before.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you need to check your marker lights....bulbs and pigtails.

either wrong bulbs or shorted pigtails....

:salute:

I would start by replacing the lights out side not sure that would fix it but might other then that makes me think there a short some where.

the light stays on cause you have a bulb that is not working,, that is the built in warning system,

Might have a failed multifunction switch (turn signal/hi beam/etc stalk). They are easy to replace but new ones aren't cheap. Junkyard ones usually are cheap.

thx for all the suggestions. I actually noticed the right headlight was not fully lit up. the main bulb is working fine, pulled it out and checked it, the top portion where the signal is behind the orange glass isn't lit up. im hoping its just a bad bulb. but shouldn't I have the problem with the lights both on and off? instead of just on?

you need to check your marker lights....bulbs and pigtails.

either wrong bulbs or shorted pigtails....

:salute:

I just checked the lights and bubs, there working. how would I go about checking for a short?

Back