• Register Today It's free!

No Sound Coming out of Speakers

TUFins21

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport
I have a 97 X Sport, factory 6 cd changer, factory radio, and I am having a problem with the headphone option. It is saying that the speakers are off and that the sound is coming out of the headphones. There isn't any sound coming out of them, so I need to know what to do. I have taken the center console apart where the back seat panel is and everything is hooked up and in working order. I need to know if there is a button or something to override the back panel option of using headphones so that the speakers will work. Reply would be most appreicated

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

in the rear console of our x (96) it has a headphone option... on its own button... did you try playing with that?

Yes, I have pushed the button and played with it by nothing happens.

time for an aftermarket hu...

The thing with after market is that they keep telling me I am gonna loss the 6 cd changer option, and I dont want that to happen. Is there anyway to get them to install an aftermarket radio, and still utilize the 6 cd changer?

I'm not sure who made the changer for ford, I think it was Clarion, but i"m not positive... If you can find out who made the changer, they may make a deck that can run it via an adaptor...

Someone here had that problem....Check your manual, or search here for the button combination to reset your radio......

Crankcase, where exactly do I go for the radio reset buttons?

RSC enable is buttons #3+5

I believe the function you are looking for is the combination of buttons to "enable" and "disable" the Rear Seat Control (RSC). Pressing radio buttons # 3 and 5 simultaneously will alternately "enable" (headphone icon will appear in radio display) and "disable" (headphone icon in radio display goes out).

With the RSC ENABLED (icon showing in radio display), you can use a set of headphones in the rear seat. There is a button on the RSC to turn on or off the rear speakers - it will ONLY function if the RSC is "enabled". If the RSC function is "disabled", pressing this button on the RSC will do absolutely NOTHING.

Make sure the headphone icon is "on" in the radio display if you want to use the headphones.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Jeff

Back