Not getting much air from the rear console vents? Look here. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not getting much air from the rear console vents? Look here.

Wills05xlt4x4

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ashland Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Xlt 4x4
Couldn't figure why the console got warm and rear vents hardly blew air...
Poked around and found this air duct tube apparently manufactured too short...
6991690699_aac2c2d4c7.jpg

IMAG0413
This is directly below the radio. Apparently the piece ford made is too short and clearly doesn't flow air properly.
6991691487_1ab1fff27d.jpg

IMAG0414

Now I'm not a big fan of duct tape in my truck but I unhooked the vent from above (6") and lined it up with the box that passes air under the console and taped it on the top. I used black gorilla tape(adding more pics tmrw) for a less obvious look though, I doubt it would ever need to come out.
My truck is an 05 and I know the 05 model year had a one year console(Adv button) so it may only apply to 05's but I know in 04 they no longer offered a manual explorer so there could have been changes...

Thought I'd post this up here in case someone else has this issue...easy fix maybe 30 mins.

After posting I realize this should most likely be in the stock section. Mods feel free to move..

Wow, something was off... Good catch;)

Mine blows pretty hard, but I might pull it apart just to check.

Wow, something was off... Good catch;)

Mine blows pretty hard, but I might pull it apart just to check.

Yeah mine were always so so and for one screw its worth checking. Tape holds in air pressure fine. Mine blow easily twice as hard...thought it'd be great info for everyone especially if others are similar as I'd suspect.

Back