Now what should i do? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Now what should i do?

Yeah but the FPR checked out OK. Your saying replace it anyway? Why?

Don

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuel pressure regulator

I think this offset wear problem is more common than people think. It should be noted that at idle and coming to a stop are the two highest vacuum conditions where the regulator opens the widest. At that point it is prone to sticking open. Problem is the ECU will try to learn the new condition and then it will change again. I just wouldn't rule it out when strange things happen with a high mileage vehicle or you get a new pump.

if you wanna check for vaccum leaks there is a sure fire way....get some soapy water in a spray bottle and with the engine running spray around the intake and various areas that could be suspect. if that stuff starts to bubble up you've got a leak. with your rpms running that low i seriously doubt its a fuel problem....if i were you i'd go to Pep Boys and get their gasket kit that has two valve gaskets and the lower intake manifold gasket. replace them all of have em replaced. the kit is like 40 bucks. and not really that hard to do couple hours at most.

Well this weekend im gonna check again for leaks on the vacuum lines! Theres so many lines and i could have missed one? If i cant, then the shop will!

Don

I just noticed something on the way home from work! When the engine is running rough, the gas peddle seems to stick. When the engine is running fine, it feels loose! I dont have to push as hard.

What ever this may be, it's been driving me crazy!!!:mad:

Don

It's a wash out here in South Jersey, it's been raining on and off for the last week. Weather channel says rain for the rest of the week! :(

Anyone have a price on a new FPR? I may replace it anyway?! Cant be that exspensive right. ;)

Don

Check out Dead Link Removed I kinda use them as a rough idea on part pricing.

Have you tried doing a code scan on the computer? Especially if it is an OBDII system, (they sometimes store "soft codes" that don't set off the check engine light, or the light goes on once, trouble code is then stored, and the light does not go off again.) Getting a trouble code scan done is definitly a good idea and could save you a lot of money. Most shops will charge you 40-50 bucks to do a code scan, and it only takes a few minutes.

Best of luck to ya!!! :confused:

Owen Ray

I just picked up a Actron code scanner from Advanced Auto on Fri. I havnt had a chance to use it because of all the rain we've been having! :( Im not sure if it's a OBDI or OBDII? The guy just handed it to me and said this is the one for my X.

How can i find out which computer system i have?

Don

DonM
It should be easy to tell. If it was like $30, it was OBD I, if it was like $150+, it is OBD II. For your 95, you need the cheap OBD I.

Robb

That was easy enough. ;)

I paid $35, so it's OBDI

thanks

Don

Back