Nu shield for 12 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nu shield for 12 ford explorer

Reaction score
City, State
N Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
12 Explorer limited
So long story short, NuShield proptector for 12 Ford Explorer MFT is now avaiable in Triple A this the the film that is matte finish but hides finger prints. Hopefully some of you will find this a disirable product also. I just ordered mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much and where did you buy?

http://www.nushield.com/
$14 I got the kleen screen special add on for $1.99 and with shipping it came out to just under $20.
FYI if you use IE 8 the order will not go through there is problem so I had to use Safari to order online.

Disney, out of curiosity, why didn't you choose the DayVue screen cover?

My main issue is finger prints, not glare. Day Vue does nothing for finger prints, the company recommended the Triple A

Interesting. Thanks :)

Please post up your experiences / opinions / installation pics after you have it done! Thanks!

Disney, out of curiosity, why didn't you choose the DayVue screen cover?

I agree DayVue for me too. Glare is greater issue then prints that can be wiped off.

Installation failure

OK I think I figured out my mistake. so I deleted my post. I have ordered #2 and it is on the way.

Finally I got it installed, and it looks . . . well no different. But that is a good thing.
I would recommend buying the cleaner clothes they worked great.
The install is easy. I would recommend sitting in the drivers seat while installing. The protector is a tiny bit smaller then the screen. So I was able to adjust the protector right a bit so I would not see the protector edge.
I took only half the protector back off (rolled it back) and applied it slowly and making sure I worked the bubbles out. That way I did not have fingerprint issues. The protector itself is about as thick as a manila folder. It does not effect the touch screen response. The matte finish of the protector really has no affect.
I would say that the fingerprints are less noticable, so I like it.
I do not have a problem with glare, my guess is no sun roof.
Thumbs up! Good Luck

Back