O/D blinking after turning or braking. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

O/D blinking after turning or braking.

Marcin

Reaction score
Hi All

Explorer 1999/2000. after hard breaking or turning the car O/D light starts to blink. I have here no easy possibility to know error codes. What could cause the problem of blinking O/D?

Regards, Marcin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to have the GEM code(s) read and post back codes. This will require a good quality Scanner (not your basic one).

I know that they should have. But here in Poland US cars and tools for them are rather rare.

Regards, Marcin

Hi All

I have 2 error codes. The first is stupid P1000 - scan incomplete, but the second is P0733 which means bad 3-rd gear ratio. Accelerating really fast I can hear strange sound from gearbox when moving from 2-nd to 3-rd gear. For a moment engine has really fast rotations. But only when engine is quite hot. Driving cold car is no any problem detected. So what should I expect? I found some information about changing EPC solenoid and valve body rebuilding. I have stupid question - how difficult to do is it? Is it possible to do in time of oil and filter change without all transmission taking out off the car?

Regards, Marcin

Check the internal wiring harness, and the internal solenoids. Sometimes the error could be caused by a bad connection in this harness.

Internal it means located inside transmission? And what about EPC access - have I remove transmission out off the car?

Regards, Marcin

You don't have to remove the transmission. You could test the EPC, TCC, and the 4 shift solenoids through the connector on the outside of the transmission. This connector goes into the transmission, and is part of the internal wiring harness.

Back