Rebuilt trans. 25k ago. O/D blinking. No codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rebuilt trans. 25k ago. O/D blinking. No codes

ExplorerSHO

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited 52k miles
Took my 1995 explorer to ford who rebuilt my tranny 2 YEARS ago. Now the O/D lights blinking. Hooked up OBD1 meeter and got code 111 10 111. Those are the no codes all clear engine off test. Took it out for a ride and started to blink again. Pulled over and did not turn off the engine and did an engine on test and found no codes with the O/D light still blinking.
Took it back out and put it into 4X4 high and with-in a few min it disappeared. Ran for 30 minutes and no blinking light. Put it back into 2x4 mode and with-in a few min it came right back on.
Ran the ENGINE ON test and found no fault codes.
Please help im at my wits end

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You may need to get it on a high end scanner, seems as if Ford transmission codes are somewhat proprietary.

We called ford and they want $149 to just scan my codes here in MA what a rip off.
All so called AMCO transmission and they said they can scan for free. Just drop it off for half a day but from what he Says it already sounds like i need a complete rebuild.
Now i wonder how safe it is to bring it to them if they need a half of day to scan codes.

Aamco= All Automatics Must Come OUT!

I don't trust Aamco as far as i could throw them

There is a place I had a car checked out I bought on ebay called Pats Auto Repair in Dorchester... They where honest and helpful

WE also use the Meinekie in Brighton for our Fleet cars and they seem to do fine.. They fixed the POS Lemon Honda Minivans better than Honda (WE had 4 2008 Odyssey Vans we use in our branch in Boston and they cost us 3x more than the 4 2002 Ford Windstars or the 4 1996 Grand Caravans prior!)

Bring it back to the place that did the last rebuild only 25k ago...

Unfortunately the transmission shop Russo's gave me a nice 3 year warranty and then went out of business 6 months later due to poor health.

EECIV (OBDI) has a very simple way of communicating trouble codes, which is essentially just counting beeps. As far as I understand (and from my experience of maintaining two vehicles with such system), anything that can count these beeps -- including your eyes watching the 'check engine' light after you ground the appropriate pin in the test connector to put it in diagnostic mode -- will read the same thing. Having said that, EECIV is very limited in its self-diagnostic capability, so you may need a decent transmission shop do some old-fashioned diagnostics.

You may need to get it on a high end scanner, seems as if Ford transmission codes are somewhat proprietary.

Back