• Register Today It's free!

Obd2 scanner?

Harley McIntyre

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Geneva, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB 4.6l
I ordered the bluedriver scan tool, and it was so useless it couldn't even show me the coolant temperature out of all things, so I'm sending it back, $100 wasted. Does anyone know a scan tool that works on our trucks? I wanna be able to see all my temps that there is a sensor, definitely oil pressure, coolant Temp, transmission temp, etc. Never understood why Ford thought oil pressure isn't something we need to know? I've heard forscan is a thing but I don't have a laptop to use that. Any recommendations would be great, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been very satisfied with my Torque app that's on my phone. Blue tooth connection. Want to be sure you have a car charger though because it can drain the phone battery pretty easily. But my battery is pretty old so...

I use an obdlink mx adapter and forscan lite on my phone. Forscan lite can do everything forscan for the computer can except reprogram modules. I am pretty sure none of the scanner apps including torque can read oil pressure. Somewhere on here there is a thread on asking how to do it in the torque app but i cant seem to find it now.

I might just go for the HS & MS CAN one. Why would Ford make it so hard to read oil pressure. I just can't get over how stupid that is, anyways I've been having that stupid fan roar overheat thing happen with my v8, so I just want to be able monitor as much as possible, incase something else decides to break. Feels like these explorers are somewhat of a ticking time bomb waiting to burn your wallet. Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.

The HS&MS-Can one is available in bluetooth, USB, and WiFi. Since I use ForScan with my tablet, I picked the WiFi since it's more stable. That's important when you're writing to the system.

Back