• Register Today It's free!

OBDII scan tool in your dash/pod

Elk_hunter

Reaction score
City, State
champaign,il
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Yea, been awhile since i was here. I came across this on a f150 site and though i would share with you all.

www.aeroforcetech.com

You know the worst thing about selling my Explorer was? Now seeing it almost every day, sold it 3 yrs ago, the IT building was moved across town, and next to us is a burger king, and the person who bought it works there, the body lift has been removed, tt/shackles undone, now is a freaking lowrider(no offense)....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that is badass!
oooh baby........

If it was a little cheaper and did every the scanguage did like trip meters and MPG monitoring and so forth I would be all over that.

I like the trip information of my Scanguage, but that thing looks WAY cooler !!!!!!

I wonder if the Ford unit is available yet :)

200$ isn't bad at all for a gauge that powerfull. That does alot of really usefull things!!! You should see how much just an AEM wideband A/F gauge is. 350$+!!! I paid 200 for my autometer electric fuel pressure gauge.

Thanks for posting that Elk_hunter, Thats offically on my "to get list" :)

Anybody find out if it is available for our trucks yet?
yeah yeah I guess I could call...

I've been watching this thread with interest. I email aeroforcetech about the availability of the Ford unit. They replied that they expect it to be available within the next month.

Lee

unfortunately that sounds like A typical respose from a company waiting on something before they can release it, could be months could be years.

I want one :)

This is the reply I just got today...

The Ford version should be available in about a month. Is there anything unusual about the late '90's Explorers and their compatability with standard scan tools that you know of? I've seen a couple disclaimers on other scan tools stating that they will not work on '97-'98, maybe '99 Explorers, I can't remember if those were included. Thanks for your interest!

Todd
Aeroforce Tech.

Anyone know of any issues with those years and scan tools? :(

No any standard OBD-II scanner will work on 96+ Explorer vehicles, as far as I know...

There are only 7 wires involved in the scanner port, and 3 of them are + and -

Yeah yea we know :) hahaha

I would love to see how you fit all that junk Jefe :)
you planning a supercharged OHV??

Jefe said:
That is very sweet. :thumbsup:

But not as cool as my CarPC running OBD-II software :p

I'd have to concur. I got the cable, and I play with the software using my laptop.

I'm planning to install a PC in the dash in the future..

Hey Jefe, do you know how to use the software to monitor specific things?

On the "Data" tab, it shows like 20 or so standard readings, and updates them periodically. I'd really like to add a few specific things to that list, but haven't really figured out how.. The only way I see, is to use the "Enhanced" menu option.. But then it monitors some 200+ things, and that's far more than I need. :)

Back