OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I've had these OBX headers for like 2+ months. And they work fabtastic. No problems. For anyone who's wondering about power gains I'm going to get my 1999 mounty custom tuned on a Dyno near my house.

For good measure I had my car tested before I put the headers on.
213flbs [MENTION=38102]ab[/MENTION]out3300 rpm. 170hp [MENTION=109527]44[/MENTION]00 rpm. This is at the wheels obviously. I should be getting it tuned either next week or thereafter next. Then I'll be able to see gains from the headers themselves and from a Dyno tune.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Just completed installing mine finally. It's a fairly difficult job. The EGR tube that comes with it is about a quarter inch to small so you have to reuse the stock one. However bending it to fit was real simple.

Just completed installing mine finally. It's a fairly difficult job. The EGR tube that comes with it is about a quarter inch to small so you have to reuse the stock one. However bending it to fit was real simple.

It's really weird. You're bottle only one who has said this about the EGR that comes with the headers. But when I installed them I had no trouble at all putting it in... You have to install it in the EGR valve first, then into the header

Yeah I basically took apart half the engine because I was too annoyed with how much little space you have....

It's really weird. You're not the only one who has said this about the EGR that comes with the headers. But when I installed them I had no trouble at all putting it in... You have to install it in the EGR valve first, then into the header

Yeah I basically took apart half the engine because I was too annoyed with how much little space you have....

Quality control on these is questionable. I believe the EGR tube was wrong for the recent batch. I had to buy an aftermarket one, heat and bend to fit. Mine original tube was too rusted to survive.

Also get a 1 1/16" crowfoot to make your life easier on EGR bolts.

So I've had these OBX headers for like 2+ months. And they work fabtastic. No problems. For anyone who's wondering about power gains I'm going to get my 1999 mounty custom tuned on a Dyno near my house.

For good measure I had my car tested before I put the headers on.
213flbs [MENTION=38102]ab[/MENTION]out3300 rpm. 170hp [MENTION=109527]44[/MENTION]00 rpm. This is at the wheels obviously. I should be getting it tuned either next week or thereafter next. Then I'll be able to see gains from the headers themselves and from a Dyno tune.

I'll keep you guys updated.

Did you ever get another dyno done after the headers?

Could you give me the part number for this aluminum gasket set ?

Not really sure I went to auto zone and the dude pulled up some gaskets on the computer and said the aluminum ones were the best so I got them

@ Tequila - PM sent

@ Carlover - your PM is full

Hey,
If anyone has a set of these laying around let me know. Thanks Nate

Carlover

Email or text me 706-897-2367. I can pay for the headers ASAP

Email or text me 706-897-2367. I can pay for the headers ASAP

no offense but I not only PM'd him first, but brought this whole thing about. Don't try to steal them out from under me, that's pretty unscrupulous.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seriously.

Look farther up the post. I asked about these headers weeks ago. I even have a WTB add that's been up. Money talks. I'll pay top dollar. Will you?

Back