OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OBX Exhaust Header Manifold FITS 97 98 99 00 01 Explorer Mountaineer 5.0L V8

redexplorer5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Staten Island New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Mercury Mountaineer
i was thinking about getting these for my 1998 ford explorer 5.0
what do you guys think
_57%20fd_zpspuzwqydn.jpg
_57%20fd1_zpsrvwgnkde.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice find!
I think you need to get a set and try them out.
The seller has a great feedback score. They somehow look a lot like the torquemonsters :)

They look a lot like knock off Torque Monsters, but given the price, and the outrageous customer support and availability of the TM's they look like a solid option.

thanks
i was looking on ebay for a new muffler
i came across this i had to share this
much cheaper then torquemonsters
400.00 for this set

[MENTION=262134]SoHK_alumni[/MENTION]
i was trying to order Torque Monsters but i couldnt
i been looking for for a year to do my exhaust over
untill now

Yea, I don't get Al's headers and the abysmal customer service.

I was crazy lucky to get in touch with Erica fairly quickly/easily and get a set of TM's for my 5.0 Ranger but I know a ton of folks have given up on the company.

Sad, they're beautifully made and finished, but if you won't talk to your customer, and darn near won't deliver the product, why bother at all?

I'd buy a set of those OBX's in a heart beat if I was still needing headers for the Ranger.

thank you for you input SoHK_alumni i added it to my wish list till monday so i can buy them hopefully they dont sell by then

What would be the difference between a 97 and a 96? These look great but but I have a 96.

Did you buy them?

Please post updates or install pics. This would be a great substitute for the TM headers depending on quality and install.

I am guessing these would be the ones i would need for my 99.

What would be the difference between a 97 and a 96? These look great but but I have a 96.

I have 98+ TM on my 96. They fit; just a bit tight in some spots and you'll have to plug the EGR.

I haven't bought them yet I have to wait till Monday to order them hopefully they still have them I'll let you guys know when ordered and instilled

Chinese knock off of the TMs. Don't expect them to last.

I'll try to remember to post a pic of the 9 month old knock offs I pulled off a 5.3 Silverado at work tomorrow.

I have 98+ TM on my 96. They fit; just a bit tight in some spots and you'll have to plug the EGR.

Good to hear. I was worried because I heard that GT40P heads had different plug angles and didn't know if that created a issue.

Getting ready to put my Explorer back on the road and it needs new exhaust manifolds and would love to have TMs but the waiting stories I hear has me worried.

Just got a set, I'm not letting this pass me by I've been trying to get headers for too long now. I'll let everyone know what they're all about when I go to put them on

ill call the company tomorrow and find out what they say about them its a California number ill let you guys know

awesome MDmounty congrats

I just pulled the trigger on a set of these.

They should be here in about a week.

I'll post up some pictures and share my experience with them.

I noticed that they're not plated like the TMH's, so I may have that done, kinda depends on the cost.

Probably won't put them on for at least a month.

I'm going to Eureka Springs for a motorcycle event and Biketoberfest.

And the bike I want to take is in pieces and getting painted.

MT

Wish me luck.

Good to hear. I was worried because I heard that GT40P heads had different plug angles and didn't know if that created a issue.

Getting ready to put my Explorer back on the road and it needs new exhaust manifolds and would love to have TMs but the waiting stories I hear has me worried.

They do have very different plug angles. They're the complete opposite direction actually. Like I said they're tight in places and you probably will want metal shields on your plug wires because they are close to the headers. But I've got 2k miles on mine and have not melted a plug wire yet. Generally though the only way to service the drivers rear plug is to snap the head off while fighting to get it loose and get then get the socket in to get the plug out. Just be real careful putting the new plug in or you'll snap that one too. It's tricky but can be done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back