Od light flashing hard shifting and diesel noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Od light flashing hard shifting and diesel noise

Partchanger87

Reaction score
City, State
New Bern nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford explorer 4.0
I bought to this 2004 explorer with 265000 on it had to replace the motor three days later because timing chain issues swap went fine now a month later I was driving with cruise control set at 75 and it felt like the brakes were being stepped on the next day the od light started flashing and it started shifting hard at about 4000 rpms got the code read it was for pressure control solenoid I took it out cleaned it up and put it back in with new filter and fluid it seemed to have helped so I thought until the car got to running temp I can get it to od by letting off the gas completely but when it gets to running temp the torque converter starts making noise when I can get it to 55 it feels like it's jumping out if gear and when I stop it will stall does the torque converter need to be replaced I'm so lost

How do you know it’s the torque converter making the noise? How bad was the fluid?

I bought to this 2004 explorer with 265000 on it had to replace the motor three days later because timing chain issues swap went fine now a month later I was driving with cruise control set at 75 and it felt like the brakes were being stepped on the next day the od light started flashing and it started shifting hard at about 4000 rpms got the code read it was for pressure control solenoid I took it out cleaned it up and put it back in with new filter and fluid it seemed to have helped so I thought until the car got to running temp I can get it to od by letting off the gas completely but when it gets to running temp the torque converter starts making noise when I can get it to 55 it feels like it's jumping out if gear and when I stop it will stall does the torque converter need to be replaced I'm so lost
Greek doesn't have punctuation symbols either.

Back