Odd question about rear disc conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd question about rear disc conversion

bones66

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 4dr 4x4
hey all i am thinking of doing a rear disc conversion on my 1994 explorer. i know the easy way is to grab a rear end out of a junkyard but i have already done gears and strengthening beams in my rear end and really want to keep it. so i was looking to get the rear discs off a 95+ and figured a quick call to oreillys should solve that but i cannot find the rear caliper mounting brackets anywhere! i have called every parts store in town and even resorted to calling the ford dealership *gag* and sure enough they have them but want just over 500 for the brackets. so my question is this. i do not care about having e-brakes never reinstalled the cable after my lift and couldnt be bothered so is it possible to use the front disc setup in the rear? aka the front mounting brackets and calipers and so forth. if any of you have ever heard of this i would love to hear about it. thank you:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ya i actually just finished buying them lol

WOW, $71?!?!?! I could of spent less then $20 from the junk Yard for both, Next time you need a factory part, that is not electronic, go to ANY junk yard, they should have many 2nd Gen Explorers.

Back