odd question- how does the stock cargo net work?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

odd question- how does the stock cargo net work??

titansarrow

Reaction score
City, State
dayton, oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 explorer
i was just in the truck (91 explorer) cleaning and organizing some wires. and i opened the rear washer fluid area. i was feeling around in there and found some bungees and a cargo net, which i could only assume goes with the floor hooks in the cargo area? it has 2 loops and a slider, for adjusting the size maybe? maybe it doesn't go with the truck, but idk.

thanks all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You use the four hooks that are in the cargo area and hook the four corners of the net to them and your stuff will stay in place under there

The slider and stuff seems right. I threw mine away because most of my stuff like that has been removed

...I second the install to the 4 hooks, then pull the slider string to secure...;)

...I still carry mine just in case I ever need to use it...:dunno:

lol. thanks guys, maybe mine's a little busted, i couldn't figure it out, i don't believe it has all 4 loops.

I got the hooks, use the front two with a bungee cord to secure my tool box. (Well, not a full toolbox, but my ratchet kit, it's a BIG set and I keep it in the truck. Works real well.

I don't have the net, kinda want one. Guess my net went somewhere with the owners manual, did these come stock with a cargo area cover? If so it ran off as well.

Hell, I don't even have a spare tire... got the handle for the winch, and my jack has never been used...just no tire!

I keep my 5 year old under there. It works great, and he can still breathe. :D

I used mine right into the trash today! Got two long bungies I use back there. The net didn't suit me well.

hey on the same sort of topic, does anyone know how to re-make or cob that little net on the passenger side of the cargo area?

Back