Odd Windshield Noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd Windshield Noise

DraftEdison

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer XLT 202A AWD
Hi All!
I have a rather odd windshield noise on my 2016. It constantly sounds like tiny drops of rain are hitting the windshield. It does really matter how fast I am going, it happens all the time. Its not real loud but annoying. Anyone else have a similar sound? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All!
I have a rather odd windshield noise on my 2016. It constantly sounds like tiny drops of rain are hitting the windshield. It does really matter how fast I am going, it happens all the time. Its not real loud but annoying. Anyone else have a similar sound? Thanks!
Just wondering if you meant to say "doesn't matter how fast...."? I haven't heard that sound explanation before but there have been several reports of that plastic cowl piece below the window causing howling type noises. Apparently the corners haven't always been secured properly. You could always try taping that down to see if that might be the issue.

Peter

Likely just the plastic material expanding and contracting.
I hear a similar noise from time to time (tick....tick tick......tick........tick etc...)

Sorry Peter, yes I meant to say it doesn't. I often catch myself wonder if its raining when I hear it or if its at night I think its bugs hitting the windshield just repetitively....

Hi Everyone. I still have the noise but it's not as profound now, guess I'm just getting used to it. The older it gets, the more rattles I hear too.

Hi Everyone. I still have the noise but it's not as profound now, guess I'm just getting used to it. The older it gets, the more rattles I hear too.

Well, the older I get, the less squeaks and rattles I can hear! One of the advantages of becoming a "senior". LOL

Well, the older I get, the less squeaks and rattles I can hear! One of the advantages of becoming a "senior". LOL
Best not to get hearing aids then. I thought mine was very quiet until I got them.:D

Peter

Back