Windshield Noise - Whistling 2012 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Windshield Noise - Whistling 2012 Explorer

KLA2012

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
I have a whistling, as if the wind is blowing through something, on my 2012 Explorer XLT. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a whistling, as if the wind is blowing through something, on my 2012 Explorer XLT. Anyone else experiencing this? Solutions??
Welcome to the Forum KLA2012.:wavey:
There have been many threads on windshield noise. If you use the forum 'Search' function you will see a few of them. Here is the most viewed one;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308477&highlight=whistling

My guess is that it is either what is referred to as 'A' pillar noise or your cowl that runs the length of the bottom part of the windshield.

Peter

A frame or Cowl

Soooo, PeterK9: THANKS FOR THE WELCOME & THE RESPONSE!! Do you happen to know if my bumper to bumper warranty will cover this??

Soooo, PeterK9: THANKS FOR THE WELCOME & THE RESPONSE!! Do you happen to know if my bumper to bumper warranty will cover this??
Although I don't think the previous members have specifically said so, I would be quite sure that this would be covered by warranty. If it the 'A' pillars, there is a TSB (Technical Services Bulletin) listed in the 2011 - 2012 TSB thread. 12-1-11 A-PILLAR TRIM RATTLE AND/OR BUZZ - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 11/21/2011. I believe that those that had the cowl repaired/replaced also did not have to pay for it.
The biggest issue is that most dealers will have to be able to duplicate the noise before they will do any warranty work of this kind.

Peter

:D Well, you are just awesome! THANKS FOR ALLLL YOUR HELP!

:D Well, you are just awesome! THANKS FOR ALLLL YOUR HELP!

Hi KLA2012,

I can assist by getting this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. They'll collaborate with your dealership to ensure your concerns are addressed. To get started, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

Hi KLA2012,

I can assist by getting this into the hands of your regional customer service manager. They'll collaborate with your dealership to ensure your concerns are addressed. To get started, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Thanks!

Crystal

Crystal, how do I PM you?

Hi KLA2012,

Just click on the FordCustSrvc to the left and select the Send Private Message option from the menu. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Crystal

Crystal, I figured it out yesterday, right after I made that post. Did you get my PM?

Back