OEM CD changer..will it fit my 02 Explorer? ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM CD changer..will it fit my 02 Explorer? ?

Laz

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS
Hi,

Need some help. A friend of mind sold me his cd changer off his 2002 Harley Davidson Truck with all the wiring & plugs. I have a 2002 Explorer XLS with the basic single indash cd. My questions is, will his cd changer just plug into my existing stereo? Does my 02 stereo have the plug to connect to the cd changer, and if so, how do I install it?

If the connectors don't fit, what are my options?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Laz

It should plug right in (If FORD got smarter). However, you may need a different wiring harness to go from the CD changer to your radio. I pulled a unit from a trashed 97 F-150 for my 97' Sport. The wiring harness from the CD changer to the radio was different for the F-150. Had to order one for a 97" Explorer. Also had to get the center console insert for the CD player to bolt to. So other than needing a different harmess and console insert, all was PLUG-n-PLAY. I just got the CD unit for my 94 Sable to connect to the radio. WA-LA...No harness. Had to order the CD-to-RADIO harness yesterday.

Back