• Register Today It's free!

OEM fog light kits?

stryfeing

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer XLT
I drive an '02 Explorer XLT that did not come with fog lights. I'd like to add fog lights into the stock location either OEM, or aftermarket. Finding replacement lights seems to be easy enough, but what else would I need to wire the lights up? I know that the OEM lights operate from a pull switch in the dash, can this switch be ordered? Or is there a kit available? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iirc, the switch can be had and the wiring should already be there.

check you junkyards or fleabay. I just did this to a 12yr old jeep, the fog kit was orginally sold as a aftermarket kit, which included the Switch, Fog Lights, relay, dusk sensor (auto headlamps), and a very special wire that ran from the switch to Body modules. I found most of it in the junkyard but i had two junkers to choose from. It cost me about 50% of the kit new from the dealer, and several trips the the yard. Kit on flleabay was $250. in the junkyards i spent - 2 switches (one was bad, but that one came with the sensor, and relay) $25 each, fogs lamps $65 New fleabay, harness ends $25 for the special wire, add on autodimming review mirror $3 (priceless).

Point is it wasn't plug and play, you might want to check and see if there is a kit from the dealer or maybe fleabay. . .

check you junkyards or fleabay. I just did this to a 12yr old jeep, the fog kit was orginally sold as a aftermarket kit, which included the Switch, Fog Lights, relay, dusk sensor (auto headlamps), and a very special wire that ran from the switch to Body modules. I found most of it in the junkyard but i had two junkers to choose from. It cost me about 50% of the kit new from the dealer, and several trips the the yard.

Point is it wasn't plug and play, you might want to check and see if there is a kit from the dealer or maybe fleabay. . .

iirc you can buy a kit from the stealership which includes the lights, the bezels, the switch, relays, etc.

I'm sure it is had at a premium though, so like jrford said, check your junkers.

http://www.car-part.com is your friend :)

keep searching and wait, they may pop up sometime, also don't forget the junkyards, For my jeep they also helped me figure out how to hook it up and find that one wire which was missing, plus the sensor. Lamps i bought new, all the junkyards where smash up, but wire was there for my Jeep.

I checked an online stealership, man i'm glad i don't own a focus - $600 for fogs.
Saw some other range from $200-400 they didn't say whats in the kit or for what so its hard to tell what you have to do . . .

My dad got a kit from Ebay for his old '02. It was Ford OEM and included everything. Keep an eye out for them. It shouldn't be going for too much these days.

fog light install

Hey, I saw all the parts listed for the fog light install and was wondering if you've done the install already? Also, I noticed the OEM dash light switch w/ pull out fog control. If you set it up with the new light switch w/fog instead of the switch that came with the wiring harness, how did u hook up the wires to the switch ? I'm trying to do this too and i've got all the parts but not sure where to hook up the 2 switch wires to the dash switch so it will work exactly as OEM with the lights coming on when switch is pulled out. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Buy the OEM Kit...It has everything you need to install it......from the switch to the housings to the bezels.....

Back