Off Road Package for Ranger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Off Road Package for Ranger

I'm happy the tremor system is NOT part of the off-road package. Like this, this option really does make sense. I for myself would never buy it, but I think it's great Ford offers something for people who like a good sound system in their car. Luckily not everybody likes the same things; that would be just way too boring.

But YES, I would be of the first ones paying $ 395 for this kind of off-road package. Not just fancy 4x4 stickers, but real usefull stuff. Way to go, Ford!

[Edited by donkey boy on 09-13-2000 at 06:12 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It appears to me that the Tremor option does not feed 500w to a sub & only 15w per satellite. I've gotta believe that it'd be better balanced, but then again it is a factory system... But, repeating what the original post said: "the stock system is 60 watts". The Tremor is an Optional system.

Now lets hope that all the guys who buy this or any other big dollar system will have a little respect & turn 'em down when they're driving in a residential area late at night. (generally those who voluntarily ruin their ears listening to scratchy highs & flatulent low-buck bass all day long have very little respect for their neighbors). Don't get me wrong, I used to frequent IASCA events and at one time had $4K worth of audio gear in my VW GTI, but the public perception of those requiring 500W of bass is this: obnoxious. However, I also understand that it's mostly the bad apples that give the mobile audiophile crowd a very bad image. Please just remember: It IS possible to enjoy your investment AND have some respect for those around you. Now go buy yourself a Ranger Tremor & love every minute of it.

I must be getting old..... startin' to sound like my grandfather.

The Auto section in today's local paper had an article on the Ranger Edge. Here is a quote.

"To keep customers interested in the Ranger throughout the model year, Ford plans to launch Ranger packages twice yearly. The first program, the Premium Off-Road package, will be introduced in the mid-2001 model year and will retail for $1500. The option, available only for the Supercab (four-door) 4x4 XLT model, will be the most expensive Ranger available."

Hey Ford, offer the package on the regular-cab shortbed. The four-door truck is too looong for real offroading. Trust me, I'm pushing the wheelbase envelope with mine, and mine is only 114". Also, offer the package on less than the highest priced models.

[Edited by RangerX on 09-30-2000 at 08:44 AM]

4-Door Ranger

The other night, while channel surfing, I saw a parking lot full of new Fords - Explorers, Rangers, and 4-Door Rangers. I believe this was somewhere in South America.

Has anyone heard if Ford is going to release the 4-Door Ranger in this country?

For the curious, the back doors were shorter than a Sport Track's doors, and the bed was longer than the Sport Track's bed. I'd guess the wheelbase was the same (since Ford is combining the 2 platforms into 1.)

A couple of years ago (before the Sport Track was introduced), Four Wheeler magazine had a picture of this truck - at the time, they thought Ford was going to sell it in this country.

In answer to my question, I just heard from a friend of mine that used to work at Ford - the 4 door should be out as a 2001 model!

Back