off to the exhaust shop | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

off to the exhaust shop

You may try buying the muffler and then just have them bend it and mount it. I did this and it was only $50. And i got a tip and two hangers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I just decided to go with a bolt on cat back, it should be just what I'm looking for.

...I hope ;)

hey guys.. i wouldnt have any trouble getting pictures of my setup, except its 10 degrees and a couple feet of snow outside. if i can find a garage soon to do some work.. illpost pics. until then.. hope u guys can have some patience with me. thanks

Just received my catback today!!:bounce:

It is raining today but its supposed to be nice later this week. woo hoo!!

Well after a delay, my cat back arrived today. Well it didn't arrive so much as I went to the FedEx sort facility in the Bronx to pick it up. Well I got the whole old system out, but had to do some things before I had time to put the new one in so I drove around this afternoon with no muffler.... SO loud. Cool for a day, but I'll be glad to get back to normal. But while I so zealously cut the old system out (there was no dealing with the bolts) I cut two bolts that were suposed to be reused. For the money I spent, you'd think that they could supply me with new bolts for god's sake. I mean come on, whose exhuast system bolts are reuseable. They want me to reuse a gasket too, I mean come on! So I will go get the new parts tomorrow and put the Gibson in. I took some pics, I'll take some more. I'm going to modify the kit to have a side exit. I'll post the pics tomorrow.

Hey, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Cut the bolts? ouch:banghead: My directions stated to be sure and not damage stock bolts. You must read directions grasshoppa:D

I will post pics sunday or monday.

Yeah, I cut the bolts. Whether I had rad the directions, or not (I didn't) I would have cut the bolts. There was no way those old bolts were comming off, and even if they had I would have replaced them anyway. They were really crapped up. I WD-40'd them and hit them with the torch, no go. So the sawzall came out.

Pics taken... soon to be posted.

I got it all installed, its GREAT! Nice volume, great tone. There is a small leak at one of the fittings, I'll just tighten up the clamp tomorrow. I have the pics on the digi cam, I'll upload them soon.

I love seeing everyone's exhausts. I'm looking forward to seeing yours. I just can't wait until I get mine done!

Ok, I just tried to load some pics, but my internet connection is bogging down (I hate Cablevision) and it's not working. I'll try later on tonight.

Some pics...

The old stuff out and the new stuff waiting to go in.

Attachments

• 1504.jpg
    1504.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 188

What I had to do to the second connection to the muffler to get it off.

Attachments

• dscn1505.jpg
    dscn1505.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 196

The two connections to the muffler.

Attachments

• dscn1510.jpg
    dscn1510.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 187

The connection from the muffler to the tail pipe. It leaks here a little bit. I'll be tightening the clamp tomorrow.

Attachments

• dscn1511.jpg
    dscn1511.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 178

A mess of tools... minus the most important one... the sawzall :D :D

Attachments

• dscn1508.jpg
    dscn1508.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 183

I went out and tightened that clamp today, so now it's 100% done. I love it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a few pics of mine

parts

Attachments

• partspic.jpg
    partspic.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 152

Back