*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe that's why Rebecca hasn't been posting much, she's too busy making trips to the Post office.

Anybody who has navigation want to download and install the update and let me know what happens.

It says if you have navigation to wait for the sticks in the mail, but if you don't have navigation you can download now. Wondering if it would break anything if people with Navigation install this version.

Just went to SyncMyRide.com and it says this.
"For your 2011 Ford Explorer
This SYNC update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership. Please print the Request for SYNC Update form and then make a service appointment. Be sure to bring the printed form with you to your dealership. A dealer service fee may apply. "
So for my 2011 it requires a dealer visit and possibly a charge. Also heard that I might not get map updates if it is a dealer required update. Anyone know anything about this.

Am I blind???

Ok, for those of you that say the new software is available on the syncmyride website, where is the link? I've been looking for over an hour, and am convinced it is not listed... Thanks for the help!

Ok, for those of you that say the new software is available on the syncmyride website, where is the link? I've been looking for over an hour, and am convinced it is not listed... Thanks for the help!

I just logged in and clicked "Update & Customize" and the page that comes up says "The Performance Upgrade is now available," with an option to "get the upgrade now." Now, one of the questions it asks is if you have Nav, and if so it says you need to wait for the USB mailer. I don't have Nav and so it gives me the option to download to a blank USB drive, which I'm doing right now.

Thanks!

Well, it seems it knows that I have Nav, so there is not an "Upgrade Now" option... Thanks!

Well, it seems it knows that I have Nav, so there is not an "Upgrade Now" option... Thanks!

I think you can change your radio options in the settings.

I lied and selected that I had no navigation and it let me download. Upgrading now in progress. Hopefully when I get the new SD card Nav will work... Will keep you posted.

I lied and selected that I had no navigation and it let me download. Upgrading now in progress. Hopefully when I get the new SD card Nav will work... Will keep you posted.

Same here, I have NAV, but selected that I do not. You can still upgrade, just NAV will not work until you insert the new SD card.

Are different folks getting different messages on syncmyride.com? For me, I login but don't see any options to download any updates. When I click on 'Update and Customize' it says 'The Perfrance Update is now available, Contact your local dealer ... clicking on that just gives me dealer info and a print out.

Could it be that they haven't rolled it out to everyone? Or is it based on model? I am an early adopter 2011-Dec, hope that is not the reason for denying me the download :(

I also haven't gotten any emails from Ford notifying me of the update.

Check Sync my Ride

Did not show up at first but after logging in and out then hitting refresh it popped open the window and I am downloading now!:)

****update***
download continues to fail - must be busy!:(

Are different folks getting different messages on syncmyride.com? For me, I login but don't see any options to download any updates. When I click on 'Update and Customize' it says 'The Perfrance Update is now available, Contact your local dealer ... clicking on that just gives me dealer info and a print out.

Could it be that they haven't rolled it out to everyone? Or is it based on model? I am an early adopter 2011-Dec, hope that is not the reason for denying me the download :(

I also haven't gotten any emails from Ford notifying me of the update.

Just a guess.. do you have all the recent updates installed and have you run a vehicle health report recently?

I am on 2.11 version, which should be the latest. But no, I haven't run vehicle history report in a while, ... will go and run that in the evening. Hope that gets me the download link!

Same here, I have NAV, but selected that I do not. You can still upgrade, just NAV will not work until you insert the new SD card.
Don't be surprised if it doesn't. I'm guessing that for those that have Nav that there will be some extra software in the upgrade.
Just a guess though.

Peter

I just logged in and clicked "Update & Customize" and the page that comes up says "The Performance Upgrade is now available," with an option to "get the upgrade now." Now, one of the questions it asks is if you have Nav, and if so it says you need to wait for the USB mailer. I don't have Nav and so it gives me the option to download to a blank USB drive, which I'm doing right now.

I am getting the same message. I currently have 2.11 Dealer installed.

Edited - Quoted the wrong post.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't. I'm guessing that for those that have Nav that there will be some extra software in the upgrade.
Just a guess though.

Peter

Peter is correct. I WOULD STRONGLY CAUTION THOSE THAT HAVE NAV THAT THEY MAY NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DOWNLOADABLE VERSION.

It may strip Navigation from your vehicle. Remember that it's a different software image.

Peter is correct. I WOULD STRONGLY CAUTION THOSE THAT HAVE NAV THAT THEY MAY NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE DOWNLOADABLE VERSION.

It may strip Navigation from your vehicle. Remember that it's a different software image.

I did the update from SyncMyRide and just completed it (minus the navi) about two hours ago. Did some thorough testing, playing and tried my best to jam the system up and I must say, I am floored with the exceptional performance of the MFT now! Ford has nailed it...

NOTE:
I called my dealer earlier today and they were willing to do it without having the SD card for the Navigation. (they gave me the disclaimer of "your navi won't work until you get the SD" card) The only problem was that they did not have time to do it for me until Saturday. I felt fairly comfortable trying the downloaded version onto my own USB since the dealer was willing to do it and I have a history with this place so feel that they know their job well enough.

So far, even the compass is working. The only error that I get is a Navigation card fault. It asks for the new maps.

Obviously it's a do this at your own risk type of thing but I am personally happy I tried it. Lastly, you can always do another installation when you get the drive/card in the mail.

AGAIN, TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just went to SyncMyRide.com and it says this.
"For your 2011 Ford Explorer
This SYNC update requires a visit to your authorized local dealership. Please print the Request for SYNC Update form and then make a service appointment. Be sure to bring the printed form with you to your dealership. A dealer service fee may apply. "
So for my 2011 it requires a dealer visit and possibly a charge. Also heard that I might not get map updates if it is a dealer required update. Anyone know anything about this.

I am getting the same message for my 2011 Explorer. I currently have 2.11 Dealer installed. It would be nice if they told you why. We also have a 2011 Edge with Nav and it shows after going through the questions that the update and map SD card will be mailed for the Edge.

Back