• Register Today It's free!

Offroad tires with 20 inch rims

leviwilkes

Reaction score
City, State
Corpus Christi TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have a 96 4x4 I want to try to do this so if you have any info on how high the lift needs to be or size of tires. It will not be an offroad machine,pretty much just looks and the beach. Oh yeah and if anyone knows of a lift kit for a 96 plz tell. Thx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search and you can find out a TON about how to lift yours(torsion twist, body lift, suspension lift, shackles, add-a-leafs, etc.). If it was me doing this, I'd put on 32" BFG All-Terrains with 20" wheels. Not sure on the price of the tires, but it won't be cheap. BTW, welcome to the site :)

hey thx but I cant find a damn thing about a 96. should i be looking under ranger lift kits or what. If you know of any sites plz tell. thx

2" torsion twist, add-a-leaf and shackles, and then a 3"body lift that can fit some 33's

The 95-01 are the same as far as suspension goes so just look for the same lifts I mentioned. How much are you looking to spend for the lift? If you don't want to spend much, go with a body lift(~$150) and torsion twist(Free+Alignment)/shackles (~$50) and that will give you between 4-5" of lift. If you are spending over $1000 on the lift, get the trailmaster 4" suspension lift (since it's mainly for looks). That kit costs around $1200.

So far the only tire ive found is the superswamper IROK 36x13.50-20 but it looks like i would need one hell of a lift. Ok on the torsion twist and add-a-leaf shackles is there a 1996 kit or are they universal

for the body lift you have to get a 98 ranger one (i think)

Back