• Register Today It's free!

Offroad trails in N. GA

Neuman 93XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Davidson NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4x4
I live in Atlanta and i'm starting to get tired of four wheeling through constuction sites and small stands of trees. Does anyone know of any ORV trails near ATL? Nothing too demanding (the splorer is still stock) but just something a bit more interesting than a bulldozed suburban lot.
Thanks.

------------------
-- Neuman
"So that his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know niether victory nor defeat." --TR

Neuman,

There a few places in the North Georgia area to play in, but why don't you join (or at least look into) a 4WD club?

I am in the Georgia Bounty Runners 4WD Club - we have meetings once a month, trail rides on ce a month. We have an Adopt-A-Trail in Beasly Knob ORV Area (outside of Blairsville) that we maintain, and usually have 2 United FWDA Backcountry Awareness classes a year (the next class is scheduled for April 29.)

As a club, we are family oriented, and welcome stock or modifed vehicles.

If you are interested, email me for more info.

------------------
Scott
sjbosso@mindspring.com

Hey, i also live in atlanta (alpharetta) i am interested in your offroad club. are there many explorers. it would be great if you could send some info (JeffSeal@aol.com) or post some more info.
http://people.vanderbilt.edu/~jeffrey.p.seal/

The club has web site you can look at. It is not nearly as professional as this one, and they keep changing what it looks like - but you will be able to find out some info. Here is the address: http://www.f-c-i.com/gbr/

There used to be some good pictures of my ex's Explorer (that I built) going through the training class. I have those at home - I will try to post them.

Actually, there are no Explorers that regularly go trail riding. There are Rangers , Broncos, and F-Series Fords, some Chevys, and too many j**ps.

Check out the web site, then come to our next meeting - May 6 at 7:00 pm.

------------------
Scott
sjbosso@mindspring.com

Back