OH MY ...........She Died :-( in a big way | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OH MY ...........She Died :-( in a big way

Pdwight

Reaction score
City, State
North West Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Limited
Well I was trying to nurse my 94 Limited today to the garage to get a used engine installed. Mine has been knocking since the oil pump went out 6 weeks ago it developed a knock. After a new oil pump installation the knock was much softer and it held very good oil pressure. I drove it around town some ...never more than 5 miles to see how it was going to act...then the soft knock turned into a loud sharp tap...so off to a mechanic for an engine swap. The Shop was 20 miles away and I made it 10 miles when I noticed that the noise changed slightly and then the 4.0 locked up and that was it. My Son in law towed me the rest of the way with only one incidence when a inbred redneck moron pulled out in front of us in a big dually pickup pulling a very long horse trailer....he pulled out in front of us with my son in law only 100 feet away and us going down a 2 lane highway with emergency flashers going...it took all I could do not to hit his Expedition due to the fact that my power brakes had no power..........if I could have gotten my hand’s on the jerk in the dually he would have spent the night in the hospital........he actually waved smiled and shot a bird at us as he pulled out in front of us and my grandson in the front seat of the Expedition doing the towing. I hope to have "Kim" back in a few weeks with a good used engine installed. I also told my mechanic to put a new rear main seal while he had the engine out and new plugs and anti freeze.

I will keep you folks posted as time goes on.

Dwight P

Back