Oh so my suv isnt a race car!? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oh so my suv isnt a race car!?

We Ain't Got No Brains!!!!!

Want to talk about brainless?

Check out this link:

Dead Link Removed

This guy bought a new motor home, drove it off the lot, gets on the road, and sets the cruise control to highway speed. He THEN GETS UP TO GET A CUP OF COFFEE. He crashes, sues, wins $1.75 million and get a new motor home, to boot!! :rolleyes: Does ANYONE think "Speed Contol" is the same thing as "Automatic Pilot?"

And what about the two girls from New York suing Micky D because they are fat! Does ANYONE think that if you shovel in fast food a couple times a day, every day, you ain't gonna get fat?

As I see it, the problem is not stupid people - they will always be around. The real problem is stupid juries lacking in common sense and a perverse sense that society needs to compensate unfairness.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem lies in the fact that somehow along the line, humans became convinced that they have the right to be born healthy, live a long happy life, and die of natural causes some day. And anything that happens to prevent these events from occuring must be somebody else's fault and that person should have to pay for ruining their "perfect" life plan.

It is a simple lack of responsibility....................

Robb

Originally posted by james t
i have a theory on stupid people; its kinda long, but here is the short version...

we have allowed bad genetics to reign the human race due to technology. and by "bad genentics", i mean stupidity and not race. basically, technology has allowed stupid people to survive, were as before technology, mother nature would eliminate them due to the process of natural selection. common sense reigned in the "old days", because chances are if you did something truly stupid, you did not live long enough to breed and continue your stupid gene. technology protects those that normally would die in the wild, and these "stupid" people continue to breed. the "stupid trait" gets more dominant with each generation. i believe, sometime after i am gone, the human race will not even be able to feed themselves; we will rely on computers/andriods to bring us food and put it in our mouths. and if we bite our tongue while chewing, it was because the android didnt tell us to "chew carefully", and it will be re-programmed with a "chew carefully" warning function.:rolleyes:

Quote one...

Its a bad combination of everythin. Lazy people with no morals, @sshole lawyers who will theive money out of anybody for anything, and the f@cked up judicial system that lets them get away with it. And james t, I like the theroy. Not only stupid lawsuits like that but things like accident lawsuits and work injuries. My grandpa got sued for $250,000 for an accident that wasnt even his fault. In the end he won the suit but the lawyers cost him valuable time and money. Its insane that people can even sue for the things they do nevertheless win.

Originally posted by Brandon4AU
So the overly smart people are to blame for the continued existence of the overly dumb? Interesting.

Quote two...

These two quotes speak to the future on mankind...

It's our own damn fault because WE allow this stupidity to continue instead of speaking up...

cdsl227: So whats your plan?

Originally posted by Johnstone
Every year around Xmas time I keep thinkin that Coca-Cola is gonna get sued one of these days when some kid tries to give a cute big friendly polar bear a Coke.

Ha , ha.

I can see the tiny writting now

" Not a real polar bear. Do not attempt with real polar bears "
:D

Well, if you guys learn one thing from this thread other than your explorer isnt a race car... let it be COVER YOUR ASS!!!

"I see dumb people, They're everywhere. The walk around and done even know theyre dumb. Some of them, They *insert phrase here*"

you can put in things like "They post here." or "They Shop here." or "They drive minivans." etc etc etc. :D

ya'll should really do some research into the McDonald's coffee case, you would see that it was a legit deal. It turned out that McDonald's would intentionally keep the coffee VERY HOT, the woman got second or third degre burns. They kept it this hot so that people could not consume nearly as fast and thus saving them millions of dollars on people getting refills. The money she got was from like a years worth of profit of what mcdonalds had reports on saying this was how much they saved off the hot coffee.

who gives a ****. SHE SPILLED IT!!!!!!!!!!! McDonalds did not spill it on her. if it was 110 degrees, or 600 degrees, she was the one that spilled the friggin coffee!

everyone knows that coffee is hot. if her pubes got burned off, im sorry. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. that is why it is called an accident. it is something bad that happens that is not neccessarily someone's fault. we try to place blame for everything bad that happens... sometimes its just luck of the draw... and being f'ing stupid enough to put a cup of coffee (no matter how hot it is) in your lap while you drive away.

for that matter, i guess she could have sued the car manufacturer for not having cup holders...:rolleyes:

Just a FYI for everybody

Originally posted by 98FordX24
I almost sued a doctors office. I got a tetnus shot that made me pass out, and when I woke up they said, "Oh, just yesterday we had 3 kids pass out from the same shot... thats strange". If I wanted to, I could have made them do all sorts of tests on the tetnus stuff to make sure there wasnt anything wrong with it, which there probably was since nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got a concussion from hitting the floor so hard. Theres still a bump on my head in that spot and that happend 8 years ago.

I work in a medical office and we have a few people each week pass out from shots or getting stitches or seeing blood or looking at their wound -- it's called a vasovagal reaction. You had an increase of the firing of your vagus nerve which slowed down your heart rate. Once the heart rate came back up, you woke up again. This is an expected outcome for a certain percentage of the time and that is why patients should be sitting down or laying down for these procedures. Did you get sweaty/clammy or nauseated at the time? If so, then vasovagal it almost certainly was. I highly doubt a tetanus shot (or any medication for that matter) could make you pass out on the spot and allow spontaneous recovery. Even having an anaphylactic reaction to a medication or being accidentally given the wrong immunization wouldn't do that. Hope this helps.

It happened about 15 minutes after I got it. I didnt feel anything strange or anything. I had passed out in the past once from heat so I knew it was coming about 3 seconds before it happened. Thats all I remember. I never get weird feelings from getting shots or anything of the sort.

Re: We Ain't Got No Brains!!!!!

Originally posted by PghBill
Does ANYONE think "Speed Contol" is the same thing as "Automatic Pilot?"

It's not ???? :rolleyes: Oh well teh Mc. D's thing, it showed a pic of the kids and their mom in the paper, no joke the mom must have been at least 350 she was HUGE.

It turned out that McDonald's would intentionally keep the coffee VERY HOT

What hot coffee??? Anything but that. Its stupid lazy people that, like james t, said they are trying to force blame onto somone, when there is no one to blame. Ouch I got burnt too bad, what happens if I print a paper out for school and get a paper cut. Here comes a 5 mill lawsuit.

Re: Just a FYI for everybody

Originally posted by 98GT-40P
I work in a medical office and we have a few people each week pass out from shots or getting stitches or seeing blood or looking at their wound -- it's called a vasovagal reaction. You had an increase of the firing of your vagus nerve which slowed down your heart rate. Once the heart rate came back up, you woke up again. This is an expected outcome for a certain percentage of the time and that is why patients should be sitting down or laying down for these procedures. Did you get sweaty/clammy or nauseated at the time? If so, then vasovagal it almost certainly was. I highly doubt a tetanus shot (or any medication for that matter) could make you pass out on the spot and allow spontaneous recovery. Even having an anaphylactic reaction to a medication or being accidentally given the wrong immunization wouldn't do that. Hope this helps.

Holy crap !!!!!!!!! Now this is some thing I never expected to learn at a Ford Explorer web site !!!!!

This place is all kind of educational !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its amazing what people will do for a buck these days. I guess no one wants to work hard for their money any more. I have one guy at work like that he whines all the time about how he has to do things that aparently no one else has to do. He just sits around all day doing nothing then wonders why he isnt making any money.

Hot or not...

I kinda like my coffee hot...tastes better that way, but I wouldn't risk boiling my chestnuts by putting it between my legs...some people just get what they deserve for their stupidity.

Stupidity, doesn't mean I should have to pay an extra dollar for a Big Mac.

2000 years ago, the McDonalds "coffee lady" would have been eaten in the wild way before she was old enough to breed... the way God intended... now, due to technology, she "got her check" for being a f'ing idoit.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by james t
2000 years ago, the McDonalds "coffee lady" would have been eaten in the wild way before she was old enough to breed... the way God intended... now, due to technology, she "got her check" for being a f'ing idoit.:rolleyes:
AMEN. bye the way i had that same theory too. some people would call it a bad thing but i would call crashing on a deserted island, with no one except myself and a really beautiful woman(hey i can wish), a relief from modern day society. if i could convince some girl like that and actually find a place that no one would come as long as i loived i would be so much the happier. no dumb rules just common sense and only the non-dumbass people survive. i would start a tribe or something. now WHO's WITH ME!!!???? <crickets chirping> lol. enough joking though, sometimes i do wish i was born like 2000 years ago or at least 100 years ago. much more common sense back then. i wouldnt have to deal with soooo many loser waste of skin people anymore because they would all get eaten when they would try to kill a sabertooth tiger from the front instead of coming from behind. again another issue dealing with common sense. or dare i say???? NOT-SO-common sense.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What I find amazing is that intelligent organized **** sapiens have been around for thousands of years.
But we really didn't start advancing in technology and industry until this last century.

It just goes to show you that oppression and superstition were pretty powerful back then.

The world is flat!
The world is the center of the galaxy!

Back