• Register Today It's free!

Oil Pan Bolt

Chandler

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Sport
I need to replace the oil pan bolt on my 2000 Sport. Can someone tell me which size I need? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't tell you right off hand, but what I like to do is run by Ford, tell then that I'd like to price something. Then I say thanks and , "Oh, what size is that anyway?" They tell me and then I go, "Hmm, really, course or fine thread?" It's not pretty, but it works.

Then it's off to the parts store. Or if it's only a buck or so, just anty up at Ford.

Something else that works. I don't know if you happen to know any Ford Mechanics, but I've just walked into bays at the dealer before and asked about little stuff like that. Sometimes they have extra stuff like that laying around and will just give it to you, free of charge. I've gotten a few things like pinion nuts, drain plugs, and battery wedges by just chit chating with them.

I don't recommend trying that on a regular basis though, LOL

i replaced mine with a Sure Drain bolt from Fram. now changing the oil is a snap... just cost under 10 bucks...@ Wal*M*rt I think it's a good replacement in case u happen to loose it or something

I've seen those Sure Drain bolts, looks like it would take FOREVER to drain. Is this the case?

95xploder said:
I've seen those Sure Drain bolts, looks like it would take FOREVER to drain. Is this the case?

no it takes the about same time, only you need NO TOOLS :cool:

1 only take off the brass cap,
2 put hose on,
3 old fillter off
4 new fllter in
5 hose off, cap on
6 add oil
7 :chug:

ps only bad part is cleaning the hose, still not bad
pps on newier models 95+ there may be < 1oz old oil left. not the case for me.

Back